F1 2010 Catalunya - Spain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
  • vanilla

It´s mclaren. My Team is Lotus, and my fastest drive is 1. 27. 926

Hello friends, I have great difficulty at this track ...

I'm struggling to get 1:28 with BMW - Sauber Carrera professional manner
PS3. My teammate rotates in the range of 1:26 and not only this track
can be better than him. Can anyone help me in any configuration. Already
tried all, Please give me a base configuration mode for PS3
career. I'm lost in aerodynamics and all.

PS: After the 1:01 update changed something in competitiveness? On the PS3?

Excuse the English, I am Brazilian, not dominate the language too.

Hugs.

HATE this track!! Couple of m8s on PSNBuddies have managed 1.21's but I'm nowhere near that! We have race 4 & 5 tonight of our tournament, not looking forward to Catalunya!

Well I took a break, went back and just got a 1.19.198 with it so its working for me and that was with a few wide lines through corners. This kind of setup might also work for Silverstone and Suzuka. After my fast lap , I alt-tabbed out to save a screenshot and the game crashed so I lost my PB and the new ghost car... damn!! But then I did a 1:18.932 and again I was well behind my old ghost car for most the lap only overtaking it in the chicane at the end so more time can be gained.

75004492.jpg

CATALUNYA (SPAIN) DRY TIME TRIAL

CAR RB6

LAP TIME 1:19.198

AERODYNAMICS
FRONT WING 4
REAR WING 5

BRAKING
BALANCE 46%-54%
PRESSURE HIGH
BRAKE SIZE SMALL

BALANCE
DISTRIBUTION 60%-40%
FRONT ANTI-ROLL BAR 2
REAR ANTI-ROLL BAR 11

SUSPENSION
FRONT RIDE HEIGHT 1
REAR RIDE HEIGHT 1
FRONT SPRING STIFFNESS 2
REAR SPRING STIFFNESS 2

GEARBOX (KPH)
GEAR 1 130
GEAR 2 162
GEAR 3 193
GEAR 4 224
GEAR 5 256
GEAR 6 292
GEAR 7 331

ENGINE
THROTTLE MAP FAST

ALIGNMENT
CAMBER FRONT -1.50
CAMBER REAR -3.50
TOE FRONT 0.14
TOE REAR 0.44

The key to a good setup is maximising efficieny for all the high speed corners here and careful throttle control. With so many high speed corners it's crucial to drift out after the apex using throttle, not so much by steering. Turn 1 as someone has said already is important to set you up for the next two corners. Then its easy until the fast corner before the back straight - get this right and you will have a high top speed at the end. Braking for the slow left hander at the end of this straight is crucial also. Then the real place I gain or lose time (or lose the lap!) is the chicane before the start-finish straight. With a low ride height you can't really touch the high part of the second kerb so I enter the first one late and swing out avoiding the second. There are so many lines through these that maybe you can jump the first kerb and get away with it but any steerin input can put you in a spin if you flat bottom the car. The small run off area as you exit the second chicane should be used if possible but don't invalidate you lap by going too far on it.

Maybe you can increase suspension spring stiffness higher than 2,2 as Bram's uses 11,11 I think and I just tried it and it feels like grip isn't too bad, its a bit more twitchy though.. maybe 5,4 or something.

How are you guys doing this?! im doing carreer mode in a williams.. i cant full throttle corners because i will spin.. i use the exact same setup as a couple here and the fastest im getting is 1:27... while in my previous races.. i was ahead 80seconds in one even!?!

Steering wheel+ pedals, no TC, no ABS no Brake assist.

I have no idea for this track. I've tried nearly everything. I've menaged to get 1:27.663 in q2 in one perfect lap but the race was a disaster. Even my team-mate - DiGrassi was quicker than me. After about 20 laps of which 1:29.454 was quickest I was last and was losing 19 seconds. I've decided to get some other guys out of the track to achive objective 18-th place than I've crashed myself out of the race. Damn ! I really hate this one !

Career, Season 1, Lotus, Q3, Logitech Momo, manual gear, no assist

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 4
Rear Wing Angle: 3

Braking

Balance: F 47% - R 53%
Pressure: high
Brake Size: standard (no other option)

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 70% - R 30%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 3
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 7