F1 2010 Catalunya - Spain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Its not the setups that make you a lot faster, practice does

Its not the setups that make you a lot faster, practice does :)
I don't agree with your statement, sure practice makes perfect but only with the perfect means.
Even a worldclass F1 driver wont be worldchampion in a lousy car or with a ****ty setup.LOL
Ask Michael Shumacher.

I managed to do 1:19:9xx with RageGT's setup.

Time trial with McLaren. Playing on PC with a wheel, no TC or any other aid, manual gears

That time could be lowered by a second with a perfect lap, so a 1:18:xxx it's definetly possible.

wth... with lotus only 1.26...
max diff, help off , DFP
tried all your setups, but no one makes noticable difference between others.
i think i'll just skip this track... i mean run it but dont care if end last.

wth... with lotus only 1.26...
max diff, help off , DFP
tried all your setups, but no one makes noticable difference between others.
i think i'll just skip this track... i mean run it but dont care if end last.

Well, with the setup Pinx0 lapped under 1:20.0 (BTW, thanks for trying it =), I lapped 1:24.5 with the Lotus, but I do use all assists but Braking and Track line. On the other hand, I play with a keyboard. It would be impossible to drive with Traction Control off. But perhaps you could try TC ON to see if it improves your time and if so, then you'll know what you need to work on.

You could also try auto-gear to see if it has any impact but I always had the impression that manual shifting should work better for Wheel drivers.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 3
Rear Wing Angle: 1
Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Small
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 8
Rear Spring Stiffness: 9
[/INDENT]Tested with McLaren: 1.18 low / 1:17 high possible i think

really good setup - virgin career with legend + no tc or other helps 1:22.7 hard tires, 1:21.5 soft tires
thx a lot

this track seems like a thorn in a lot of peoples side, me too.
ps3
career
lotus
100pts so far
tried a few set ups from here, spent hours practising and cant do anything better than 2.3s slower than the fastest time set in session. im always fastest in the first sector easy but its the second sector where i always drop at least two seconds.
corners 4,5,7 and 8 are the ones i just can not get right . then corners 13,14 and 15 are the final nails in my coffin.

agree with alcio85 and just run out that track.

The 2nd sector ist very hard for teams like lotus, hrt or virgin i think. the cars have no good aeordynamic and balancing. whatever setup i choose my car move over all 4 tyres in the corners 4 - 8 and is very bumpy. So I train a little bit and pray for a good result in the first year in my career :pray:

really good setup - virgin career with legend + no tc or other helps 1:22.7 hard tires, 1:21.5 soft tires
thx a lot
mmm ther's something wrong... i mean if you are sure you're running in expert difficulty you are the master of this track...
Legend is the AI difficulty, but the "master" difficulty is another thing.
AI difficulty affects obviously only the AI, instead the master/primary difficulty affects your driving too.

Setting easy difficulty and then turning off all helps and turning to legend the ai, is not the same as setting expert difficulty, casue there are parameters you can't see that affects the handling and the fisics.

• funny1983

Yep got that right this TRACK IS PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

modedit: swearing removed

Setting easy difficulty and then turning off all helps and turning to legend the ai, is not the same as setting expert difficulty, casue there are parameters you can't see that affects the handling and the fisics.
you sure about that? i selected expert and then turned on the virtual line but never went through my mind that what you've said could be possible.

Race setup / time trile Setup ?

I am in Career Barcelona (Catalunya) Q time is 1:24:624 and I am in 4th place. This is the best I can do but in (Time trial ) I can do 1:20:126 - with the SAME SETUP. I cant understand what is going on
Time trial gives me better times and I use it for practice. But if I go to career it will give me at least 4-5 seconds longer lap time. Can someone help please
thanks racers. :mad: force India I coldNot have option for better car/bolid​

this track really makes me feel bad aboud myself, luckilly i'm not the only one out there
with a lot of luck i can beat my team mate with Virgin: 1:26.375 but it ends there.
I'm just gonna run this track and be done with it!
only disapointment is that Monaco is up next.. so that will be 2 no point races and bottom finishes for me in a row

Using Bram's set up, in a Mercades, on prime tyres, the best i can do is a 1.26.3 but it wants to spin me off if i even look at a curb. Kingston's is ultimately slower by about 3-4/10ths but i feel confident using it. I can attack the curbs and haven't spun once. I think i'm gonna take a punt at using Kingston's set up for the race, i may be slower, but at least i won't spin every other lap. I'm leading the championship and can afford to lose some points. i'd rather concentrate on the Consistency is the key and Crushing victory cheevo's at this dodgy track :)

I combine Regi setup with mine and i got 1:20:800 in Time Trial and 1:23:760 in Career sow i go on pol by 0:00:150 in front of Weber
in race is hard to shake then off bat i am in process

Setup:
Force India

Aero:
FWA:3
RWA:2

Brake:
Bal:49%-51%
P:High
BS:not available

Balance:
BD:50%-50%