F1 2010 Catalunya - Spain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Ah, I could only choose between HRT, Lotus and Virgin but that's probably because I'm doing 7 seasons.
My setup is custom because i put engine on 'fast', and in quick set up i put dry at 'highest speed'
That should give you a second in sector 2 and 2 secs faster overall after some practice.
Also, don't brake too much in T6 and try full throttle trough T7

Well, I had to tweak a bit using the Very High Speed quick setup and both Kingston and Bram's setups. (Thank you guys)

I drive with the Keyboard and I'd love to see how someone with a wheel would do with my setup. I have the game for 2 days only and I also used some of my GP4 series setups as base. Of course, I'm playing in Easy difficulty with No Break and No Line assists, in my first of 7 seasons, with a Lotus.

I could do 1:24.498 as my best time in Practice 1 and 1:24.840 in Q3 (pole) but I'm sure I could have done a lot better if I hadn't to struggle in the turns with the KB. Also got the fastest lap and win in the 20% race.

I would do full races and harder diffs but there should be some kind of Steering assist like the GP series. It is really a pain to keep control in the turns with the KB, which is cool, imho, and I'm a bit too old to get a wheel for a game. I did a 1:17 pole with GP4 in Ace diff but tyres are not slick and the circuit is the old Barcelona track. (Base is the 2001 season with a 2007 carset for visual / drivers rooster.)

Anyway, afaik, Barcelona is a very special track and it's used as testing grounds by most teams because of that. Finding the balance between high speed for the long straight and the optimum grip for the high speed turns is the key and it's actually in such compromise that the fastest lap is reached.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 3
Rear Wing Angle: 2
Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Not Available
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 3
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 6
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7
Gearbox
Gear 1: 136 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 167 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 197 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 228 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 261 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 295 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 331 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Cruise (Only other option is Standard)
Fuel: Not Available
Alignment
Camber front: -1.40
Camber rear: -3.40
Toe front: 0.14
Toe rear: 0.47

• Ffrenzy

I'm struggling with Catalunya for several days now, thinking: "What am i doing wrong?". I almost blamed myself for now beeing really to old for this (at 42). Up to this raceweekend i was doing quiet well, performing above teams expectations. Can you imagine how glad i was seeing that i'm not the only one to lose seconds in the middle sector?! So there's hope after all! I will try one of these set-ups and let you know if there's any progress. Thanks in advance guys.

Oh... i'm racing on Xbox360 with MS wheel. All assists off on expert settings.

• piziek007

i've done 1.24.446 driving lotus,there is still room to improve;)

Hello everyone I'm playing in professional mode and i still lose 3 seconds over the first in Catalunya. I tried the setup Kingstone :

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 3
Rear Wing Angle: 4
Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Pressure: high
Brake Size: standard (no other option)
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 40% - R 60%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 5
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 3
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5
Gearbox
Gear 1: 130 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 160 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 190 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 222 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 256 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 292 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 331 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: soft
Fuel: -
Alignment
Camber front: 1.20
Camber rear: 3.20
Toe front: 0.11
Toe rear: 0.38 but i can not go fast in the curves my record limit with car Tororosso is 1.26.450. how can lowering the time? someone knows a better setup? thanks

but i can not go fast in the curves my record limit with car Tororosso is 1.26.450. how can lowering the time? someone knows a better setup? thanks
Bram's setup is the best (for me though), i did a 1.19.3 with keyboard..
but Kingston's setup is much better for normal driving or cruising, could easily do 1.20's with that setup

i guess you just have to practice more, and be more agressive in braking and corners..

no way i didnt know that i did that time in career and tyre sim on fuel sim on in qualys and i was pushing hard it took me nearly a whole day to set the time and many many headaches ha

• piziek007

just add more downforce in rain condition,all sim on 1.32.xxx in da lotus;)

Bram's setup is the best (for me though), i did a 1.19.3 with keyboard..
but Kingston's setup is much better for normal driving or cruising, could easily do 1.20's with that setup

i guess you just have to practice more, and be more agressive in braking and corners..

Considering that I have at hand a ToroRosso and play professionist mode, I think it is not possible do 1.19.3 or with kingston's setup 1.20 :\
In practice mode, even I can do 1.19 but in qualifying and the race with the weight of fuel and soft tires 89% worn is impossible to determine the time 1.19.
and I'll tell you more, during the race between Alonso Hamilton Webber and Vettel, the best time is 1.23
I state that I have the same your driving style, very aggressive.

@Tazz

Why doesn't the video show the sector times and the actual lap time? I tried both setups, ended up tweaking them a bit and with my own setup, the best I could do was 1:22 low with a RBR in TT, with the KB. There is no way I can brake that late at the end of the long straight and still make turns 1 and 2, again, with the keyboard, or at least, with "my" keyboard. Plus, I can't do turn 3 nearly as smooth as you and then, that much late braking for turn 4. And Brakes seem to have a huge lag from the moment I press the key until the car actually starts braking and gearing down.

Heck, tried it with the MacLaren in TT and my RBR personal best kick the S*** out of me!

What diff. are you playing? Does it interfere with car setup? I'm on EZ with my career and there are some options in car setup I can't access. Although, iirc, they were available in TT and I think I did adjusted them accordingly, as per Bram and Kingston posts, in different attempts.

Hi guys 1st post :)
I'm playing with keyboard and i'm with the virgin.
Can't lower 1.24.6xx tried kingston's and bram's setup, difficulty level is the one before the hardest (don't remember exact name).
In qualify i smoke everyone else on the 1st part of the track but i loose a lot on the last 2 parts, can't do better than 10th.
I check Tazz lap ...damm that car is flying ;)
Pole and lap time from the big guys is 1.22.xxx
Any ideas ?

Hi guys 1st post :)
I'm playing with keyboard and i'm with the virgin.
Can't lower 1.24.6xx tried kingston's and bram's setup, difficulty level is the one before the hardest (don't remember exact name).
In qualify i smoke everyone else on the 1st part of the track but i loose a lot on the last 2 parts, can't do better than 10th.
I check Tazz lap ...damm that car is flying ;)
Pole and lap time from the big guys is 1.22.xxx
Any ideas ?

Gear ratio isn't right when you use the Virgin, Lotus and HRT

Any idea about the ratio for the gears ?
Dunno if those setups talked before are the best for the virgin...

Just check your gears and listen to the sound when you are on the longest straight. Normally you have to make sure that you don't hit the limiter by a small amount.

TampaVW, I am on PS3 too. D u wanna be friend. On what difficluty did u get the pole? I am new to this game but I have playing the 2006 bersion a lot.

Thanks for you all for posting these setup. Most of them are really good. Thanks for sharing.

PS3 gamertag: smarthfrench

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back