F1 2010 Catalunya help from pros

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I didnt want to mess the setup area up with this as it its in a format that doesnt suit this.

Dry with brams setup in VR - 1 29
Wet with daves setup in VR - 1 31

How does one take the final chicane racing line without spinning on the kurbs? if i run wide to avoid them I lose countless seconds which is vital in qual.

The ai flys over them but I cant I have tried, and also adjusted ride height to get past it but no joy.

Well jason, just practice it.. You will get the feeling eventually.. I had the same problem, and did a milion time Return to garage > Go to track > Sector 2
and do it again.. i just overshift a gear on it, and you keep the line.. This is with virgin.. With mclaren on the other hand, i give full throtle and never got spun out.

How does one take the final chicane racing line without spinning on the kurbs?

Run the first chicane curb as square as possible and don't cut to the inside part of the curb too much. I did P1, P2, P3, Q1, Q2 and Q3 last night and early on my practice sessions in P1 I found I was spinning on that first chicane because I would try to cut it too tight. Only running the outside of the first chicane curb was what stopped me from spinning.

LOL of course Chris in his video is able to run the inside, but this is a TT right?

I managed 1 27 but there is possibly 3 turns I cannot get right.

the two tight left handers and the fast chicane, the chicane being the one I lose the most but i lose time on all 3, I cannot hit 4th gear on that chicane without hitting the gravel.

I got so frustrated at cata that I deliberately crashed my car in the race and retired, sane with monaco, I had been dominating my team mate up until catalunya so it was no big loss.

I managed 1 27 but there is possibly 3 turns I cannot get right.

the two tight left handers and the fast chicane, the chicane being the one I lose the most but i lose time on all 3, I cannot hit 4th gear on that chicane without hitting the gravel.

I got so frustrated at cata that I deliberately crashed my car in the race and retired, sane with monaco, I had been dominating my team mate up until catalunya so it was no big loss.

I heard all these horror stories about how Catalunya was a nightmare in this game (yes the AI is definitely faster here than any other track I have driven to date), but I actually enjoy this track. This track likes to make you understeer so you do need to adjust your driving and/or car setup to counteract it. I am not sure what corners you speak off as the tight left handers. Are you talking about turn #5 and #10? If I really try to push myself I do spin on turn #5, but it's not that bad of a turn. Plus turn #10 has it's challenges, but that too is not bad if you brake early enough. According to the game I am fast against the AI in sector one, I lose time in sector two and am neutral in sector three. I think I lose time to the virtual AI in turns #5 and the fast #7 and #8 chicane, but I carry good speed through turn #9. But this game is kooky. When I am following the AI (or they follow me) I am not losing any time or track space in any sector. The only place where the AI passes me in practice and qualifying (the Red Bulls, McLarens, Ferraris, Mercedes, Renaults and Force Indias) is at the end of the main straight and I don't know if it's because they are faster cars than the Toro Rosso I drive or if I have more drag due to the 5 front wing and 3 rear wing settings I use. In a few hours I will actually race there (100% length race) so we shall see how that goes. But I know in races I dial it back driving at 90-95% (I suspect I will be lapping in the low 1:27s) versus the 110% balls to the walls take risks style of driving I use in qualifying (my best so far in practice/qualifying was in the high 1:25s with numerous low 1:26s all of course on option tires).

I can only imagine the g-force the real world drivers go through on this track as there are numerous high speed corners.

Edited to add: no glory for me in the race. I was running in 6th place prior to my pit stop, but there was a train of cars behind me. As soon as I pitted the AI cars began lapping faster than me and all I could muster was 17th place over all by the end of the race. I like the track, but it is a tough weekend against the AI in this game. Glad it's over ... except Monaco is next. Yikes ...

Jason

are you playing on pc and what controler/wheel/keyboard are you using, dont quit mate any race you will begin to hate parts of the game. besides when you join me and dave and fahad online we will pick Cata/Monaco on purpose :p

Na seriously, dont quit just practice And yes i found out that TT isnt 100% accurate but its a great place to fine tune your laps and get used to the track, besides you get used to what grip you have pretty quick in a race so it wont make much of a difference.

join me for a TT blast tonight

good luck

Im running a non legit copy offline at the moment, I have been meaning to go into town and buy a copy but with the weather as its been I been putting it off, even amazon are delaying the deliveryies due to the weather so I cant do a next day delivery order.

I use a logitech dual action using my right stick for acc/brake, but I have ordered a 360 gamepad online so I should get that sometime before the 29th.

I restarted my career anyways currently redoing bahrain in lotus.

id remove the reference to your game type, some moderators might not like that term. put your boots on m8 and get to the shop. you can join us on sunday races then. That will sort you lap times out right away, nothing like the pressure of a good race. Only issue is we will have to do something about Fah, hes bloody quick.

Ah ha trade in lol I love trade in it is a shame they look at you and go "ohhh, you get 2p for that and 5p for that" :eek: lol they are brand new "yeah but its trade in mate, sniff" :D, go now you have plenty time lol

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 196 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.4%