1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cat & Mouse Fun Event @ Valencia 07 - Saturday October 1st 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Chris Butcher, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Required RACE 07 expansions: None
    Class: Mini Cooper & BMW e90 S2000
    Track: Valencia 07
    Practice: 19:00 GMT
    Qualification: 19:50 GMT (5 mins superpole, mice only)
    Warm-up: 19:55 GMT
    Race: 20:00 GMT (2 x 15 mins)
    Password: click here

Ok, here is how things work. There are 4 teams, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Red. There is one mouse per team, the rest are cats. The objective is to get your mouse to the chequered flag first, by any means. That means there are no rules for cats. You may cut, drive backwards, crash into each other. Flag rules and damage will be adjusted to facilitate this. This is meant as a purely fun event :D As we seem to be a bit too serious sometimes.

Mice use the Mini
    Cats use the BMW

Mice may not cut the course, however are free from all other rules.
    Whichever mouse crosses the line first is the one that wins the race for their team! Teamwork will be key, to protect your mouse, whilst blocking the other. Teamspeak is highly recommended for this event! However because this is a fun event, there will be no penalty for text chat.

There will be some custom skins for this event, click this link to download. Please make sure you use the corresponding skin for your team. The skins are under, in the case for team red, as "Team Red" and so on for each colour. Extract to Documents\Simbin\CustomSkins

EDIT: You also need the .ini fix for these skins http://Cream.Galleria.fi/Temp/LINKED...ouse_Fixed.zip

Thanks to Kennett Ylitalo for these :)

Only mice may take part in the qualifying session, this is to ensure they are at the front of the grid when the race starts. The rest of the grid will be based on your practice lap times. Race 2 will be the standard reverse grid.

Team allocation is as follows:

• 4 teams, please state which team you want. Please try and keep it balanced, otherwise I may have to adjust things.
    • Mice are first come first served, so post with your signup if you wish to be a mouse
    Remember this is a fun event, designed to have a laugh and get away from the sometimes too serious side of sim-racing.

Signup List

To signup simply reply in the thread below :)

Blue Team
    1. Chris Butcher (Maybe)
    2. Lee Palmer (maybe)
    3. Mihail Serafim
    4. Adam Eggbeer (maybe)
    5. Driver
    6. Driver
    Red Team
    1. Rupe Wilson (Mouse)
    2. Marco Bijl
    3. Ricardo Umans
    4. Erik Tveit
    5. Driver
    6. Driver
    Yellow Team
    1. Kennett Ylitalo
    2. Goran Durakovic
    3. Mike Bell (mouse)
    4. Eric Stranne
    5. Driver
    6. Driver
    Green Team
    1. Sean Armstrong
    2. Mike Sterckx (mouse)
    3. Nick Deeley
    4. Pierre Loubere
    5. Driver
    6. Driver
  2. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Win the Retro Expansion at this event!!!

Here is how it works:
    • Event must achieve a full sign up (24 players)
    • Only people who finish the event are eligible - i.e. if you DNF, you are out.
    • That means in this event, everyone should have a chance as there should be no DNFs :)
    • Prize is given out via a random number generator. Whoever is in the place that the generator gives, wins the prize!
    Best of luck!
  3. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Signing up :)
  4. Hmm, thats the strangest way to play cat and mouse I've ever encountered. It's usually 1 cat and 1 mouse form a team (pairs of players) where I'm from. But hey, each to their own I suppose. The only thing is, I can already see a situation where neither mouse will be able to finish the race doing it this way.

Hopefully a "fun" event could be organised once a month in future. "Last man standing" and "last man losing" are two examples that spring to mind but would be hard to set the server up in race07 to cater for this type of event.

Unfortunately I'm out on the 1st or I would have signed up. Hope you guys have fun anyway.
  5. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

I might split the teams again so we have 4 rather than 2. Andy, this way is based on the Dirt 3 game mode :)

All damage will be turned off, so there should be no issues with DNFs.
  6. I really wish I wasn't out for this event.
    I think it will work a lot better with 4 teams chris, good move.:)
    If you only had 2 teams, the 11 cats would just "box" the opposing mouse in, and a stalemate situation soon arises. Would have made for a very long event.
    Another idea if you can do it, would be to have 4 TS chanels for the event, so that each team can have "tactical" discussions on their own chanel.
    Feel free to delete my posts if you need to keep your thread tidy
  7. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Agreed, I realised that was certainly a possibility. It's a shame you can't make it but we are hoping to run weekly fun events using a variety of different game modes. I can't change the channels myself, but I'm sure it is something that could be arranged.

As for deleting your posts - I'm not going to do that. We are always asking for constructive feedback, so why would I delete it :p
  8. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

yep time to let our hair down, sigm me up please..
  9. Go on then sign us up as a maybe :).

At Bristol that day but should be back by 7.

Not as mouse!
  10. Funny, i have the skinpack from back-in-the-days 2009 when this was first planned...

http://Cream.Galleria.fi/SRS/skins/Mini Cat and Mouse.zip

Check that out if it fits for the minis. It has six teams/colors including blue, red, green and yellow, crosshairs and bullseyes. Latter would be great target to aim at :)

And of course i'm signing in, not as a mouse. :)
  11. Sign me up please. It should be a good second club event for me :) Not a mouse please.\

*Edit* Green team sounds good to me.
  12. DR3D9

Banned on request @Simberia

sign me up please. no mic but glad to try teampeak to listen for strategy.
  13. sign me up too :) im Ct because i dont drive good :) and put me in any team, im fine with any color :)

and what is our teamspeak server, i cant find it. Can anyone link me parametres of our server or forum post?
  14. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

Easiest way is to click the link to the server on TS viewer, which is on the front page.
  15. ok tnx man, sign me up please :) in any team u want
  16. im instala TeamSpeak 3 but cant find our server. What is name of our server?
  17. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher

In the TS viewer on the front page, click "RaceDepartment.com". That will connect you to the server.
  18. im using teamspeak 3 and i cant find RaceDepartment.com :( i found 10000 chanels but not this one or im noob
  19. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Hi Chris I want to sign up on your team but i coming down with the flu right now. I don't think i'm going to work Fri/sat but depending on how i feel i just may do this. Can i let you know a few hours before the event if i can do this and of course pending on if there will be a spot open on Saturday. Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.