rF2 CART Factor @ Orchard Lake Speedway - Wednesday 4 March 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramon, with regards to the rolling starts - there is a server option called Fast Rolling which puts all the cars straight onto the track with the AI controlling them for a few seconds, then it switches over to you. Not sure how well it works though, but if it works ok then it may provide a good alternative to having to drive a whole lap.

great fun tonight.

Race 1. got a small touch with Maik and i spun and clipped the barrier, pitted but car still wouldnt go straight. no worries m8

Race 2. amazingly manged to get through the carnage at T1, few laps later had some nice battles then 2 dropped back but i couldn`t catch Bram. i got a bit lonely towards the end, then i noticed Maik and Rich closing me down. starting the last lap they had caught me. 1st Maik slipped past then Rich but now i was in the slip i pulled back and we went 3 abreast down the back straight, Rich was slightly ahead so i slipped in behind and got a nice sling shot to just finish ahead and bag 3rd place. see screeny of finish :in-love:

GRAB_041.jpg

I at least expected a picture of you going airborne Nigel, haha that was great :)

Aye that was great, and I hate you for it, I thought I had 3rd in the bag for a second. :)

Have to admit as well. it was a bit worrying in the early stages before the lights came on. The car following me kept fading away into the darkness and was very hard to see in my mirrors for a while.

Ramon, with regards to the rolling starts - there is a server option called Fast Rolling which puts all the cars straight onto the track with the AI controlling them for a few seconds, then it switches over to you. Not sure how well it works though, but if it works ok then it may provide a good alternative to having to drive a whole lap.

Thanks mate. I will test this option very soon.
Its all in the learning process for us too :)

LOL @ Nigels move :)
Thats one of the pros of Oval racing. Untill you have at least 2 seconds lead you don't know if you will finish in your current position during the last lap.

The slight darkness and the lights coming up was amazing to see at my side.I hope you all enjoyed it too.

The next Cart event (I think in 2 weeks) will be on a circuit. I will make sure its an easy to learn/handle track.
For the next oval race, I fancy 1 mandatory pitstop? You too?

Sounds like a good idea with the pitstops - would be cool to try a different sort of oval - maybe Gateway or Texas?

Also, going from evening to night was awesome - great fun racing under the lights. If we are going to do more oval racing we could also try out the 1995 CART mod aswell as the Indy Car 2008 mod - they are both great fun :)

Ramon i have always been a fan of strategy e.g i think the champcars have the 1 to 5 boost option but then your fuel consumption becomes a telling factor ....... i wish for a race that has an amount of laps that depending in your boost you may need 2 ,3 or even 4 stops normally makes for a nail biting finish normally

Ramon i have always been a fan of strategy e.g i think the champcars have the 1 to 5 boost option but then your fuel consumption becomes a telling factor ....... i wish for a race that has an amount of laps that depending in your boost you may need 2 ,3 or even 4 stops normally makes for a nail biting finish normally

I think we might see the longer oval races over some time. First the lot needs practice and practice to be able to start correct in the first attempt. And hold the car on track a bit longer then 30 laps :)
But for sure more strategy is a pre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline