rF2 CART Factor @ Orchard Lake Speedway - Wednesday 4 March 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well - doesn't look like I will be making it now. rFactor was working fine earlier, when the server wasn't up :) and now the server is probably up but my rFactor game lobby will not update :(.

And yep - I have restarted router and rebooted computer...

Oh well...

Well finally got in... Not too sure about that first race (not my kind of racing event :) bit too much banter not enough keeping the car on the track :) ).

Then got disconnected and... deja vu...

So calling it a night. Hope you had more fun afterwards.

Very good fun first race made complete with a huge crash :D

Second race... had a load of restarts then my internet resynced... ill rejoin if its on a session which allows it :)

What a shambles two bits of races each time spinners causing mayhem in the track. I realise that with high speeds you will have problems with control but It got ridiculous. I thought that at the start you could not overtake until you crossed the chequered flag? I have been mightily impressed with this mod and this track could have had some spectacular racing rather than spectacular crashes.

Perhaps it may be possible to run practice sessions, where tips are given for those that may be struggling. As it is a few individuals can have a large impact on the rest of the field and if they could get some support to improve that would in turn raise the enjoyment of the whole field.

I have to agree that many didn't seem to grasp the concept of rolling starts. I was running 6th for the first start but crossed the line something like 9th but got a stop go.

9th race or whatever it was after all those restarts was awesome though. Had a great fight with Ingemar, untill I ruined it by getting too close and I think I broke his car and made myself spin trying to let him back past. Then had a nice fight with Nigel and Peters I think for 3rd in teh closing laps.

I think I have a new found love for this boring American style lefty turny racing.

The keyword is practice :)

Although practice went well the races not so well, but it was fun for sure (for most).

Normally you don't leave a gap and then try to slingshot everyone (like Tim showed :) ). Oval racing is just more boring starting, slowly accelerating to keep it safe. No gaps etc.etc.

Because some guys already passed before start finish I somehow got a penalty... abandoned the race.

2nd race was causing muchos crashes. I tried to clear up a bit and finally off we went.
The yellow was not thrown in by me btw Scott. And also not raised by me.
I am wondering why there is only 1 yellow thing either?

So no need to flame, I am not pro anyone. Just trying to keep the racing fair/fun.

But for sure, we need lots of practice on starts and keeping it safe :)

See ya.

It was a lot of fun!! First race I started from the back and slowly was moving up all the way to 3rd... then yellow flag and safety car came out :(

After that I had some issues. Either spinned and crash or ran into someone who did!!

All in all a lot of fun:), but I would like longer practice session as well. Then again I joined pretty late, so I am the only one to blame.

There is nobody to blame: this was the first oval event ever and already had some awesome racing. Was pretty good fighting with Ingo and Tim in both races :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back