Resource icon

Cars CART Extreme 1.501

Login or Register an account to download this content
I certainly feel like there is something going on regarding slowing the car down...

I do remember though they used to break gearboxes (and engines) in these things approximately every 3rd lap back in the day, and watching some onboard footage from years around 98 and it certainly seems like some drivers (in particular Montoya) absolutely abused the ever loving snot out of the thing on downshifting, while guys like Michael shifted much lower in the rev range. Could be unrelated to engine braking, but I don't know. I'd imagine some of the guys being more abusive were probably doing it for a good reason though.

That said, I've found it's dang near impossible to lock the brakes even with a raised pressure. Brake distances seem reasonable, but at the same time it feels like the car doesn't "stop" - almost like there is too much engine braking but not enough braking from the brakes themselves. I don't remember seeing a ton of wheel locking nor is it that common in the footage around the net (I've watched way too many races over again...), but I don't think the brakes were that ineffective to the point of being nearly incapable of locking a tire outside entirely intentional and provoked circumstances.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the tires being slightly less grippy when cold.

Fantastic mod! A BIG thanks to all involved...

One little glitch I've noticed is how a shadow darkens the windscreen when you are under a bridge. I know it's a minor issue, and most people won't notice it because the windscreens on these cars are really tiny. I hope that this can be addressed without too much work involved. I've spent only a few minutes with the mod, and shadow issue aside I'm loving it :)

Here are some screenshots to show what I'm referring to:
The first two are the F Classic in the sun, then shade (correct), then a Reynard Cart in the sun and shade. You can see that the screen is unrealistically darkened.

View attachment 140479 View attachment 140480 View attachment 140481 View attachment 140482
if you need a fix, request via PM.

Regarding the engine brake: I did see what Matt was referring to (there were huge uprevving when downshifting from some drivers, using that engine braking, almost similar to how the StockCar works), but the only way to replicate something similar currently is by blipping quite a lot.

I have not yet found an onboard with telemetry to see throttle input, unfortunately...

Points about engine compression and inertia being off are valid (though the latter is not as much as one may think as a bug with inertia calculation from rF has been corrected in AMS). I´ll sort those out and a few other issues I´ve spotted so Patrick can include in his next patch.

The issue with tire compounds being restricted in GP tracks will also be addressed in the next game update.

@Renato Simioni
daumen3.jpg
:D

Awesome mod and surprisingly different feel from GSCE version. Just did a quick first test and awesomeness is definitely there. By the way, I noticed that Newman-Haas Swifts' steering wheel rev lights don't work, so that might be something to check out for the next patch.

But big thanks, awesome job:thumbsup:

While this clip is from 1999, I think think it is appropriate for this thread:

This qualifying lap made me a Montoya fan. Not many qualifying laps have that effect!

That´s a classic :)

If we do a street track any time in the not too distant future, I think Belle Isle might be a leading option. Unusually fast, hasn´t changed all that much and at least it´s not surrounded by skyscrapers the whole way around :p

Let me translate your post into how I read it :

If you do a street track any time in the not too distant future, I think Surfers' Paradise won't be a leading option. Unusually fast, has changed a lot and is certainly surrounded by skyscrapers the whole way around :p

Belle Isle is cool though.

Awesome mod and surprisingly different feel from GSCE version. Just did a quick first test and awesomeness is definitely there. By the way, I noticed that Newman-Haas Swifts' steering wheel rev lights don't work, so that might be something to check out for the next patch.

But big thanks, awesome job:thumbsup:

I had the same issue with the rev lights when I loaded it up tonight, not had a problem previous to that, battered pretty much every button on the keyboard and there working now, I just don't know which button it was that made them work :D

I had the same issue with the rev lights when I loaded it up tonight, not had a problem previous to that, battered pretty much every button on the keyboard and there working now, I just don't know which button it was that made them work :D
It would indeed be nice to know which controls those lights. Just by looking at the assignments, I really have no clue. I tried some that I thought might help, such as headlights and overlay controls, but it still doesn't work. Every other car I have so far tested, rev lights work out of the box.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back