Resource icon

Cars CART Extreme 1.501

Login or Register an account to download this content
I just noticed one more thing. I can no longer get the mirrors to show much, if any, view behind the car - if bodywork is shown in mirrors...

Forget this. The next time I loaded CART Extreme everything looked perfectly normal. I have no idea what was going on when I took those screenshots.

Anyway, all good. Awesome mod. :thumbsup:

CartExtr_icon.jpg

Hi guys..I just moved to a new apartment and I just updated everything in AMS including all of Patrick's great mods. This is the only issue I have. I could race with the car, but the CART Extreme icon is missing. I tried overwriting, deleting, re-installing old/new files. I dragged the whole/each file to its location and the icon still doesn't show. How do I fix this?

• Deleted member 130869

@mkel1966 The icon goes into the "Series" folder in your AMS install. You should have two "Reiza36" files in there, the icon being .TGA. I made an icon update if you'd want it (here)

@mkel1966 The icon goes into the "Series" folder in your AMS install. You should have two "Reiza36" files in there, the icon being .TGA. I made an icon update if you'd want it (here)
I do have those icons in the "Series" folder. After sometime, found out what the problem was. It somehow conflicts with the Porsche 911RSR because after deleting it the issue was resolved. I did use your .tga for the CART:thumbsup:. Thanks.

edit: Every time I install Porsche 911RSR the CART icon is missing.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

I do have those icons in the "Series" folder. After sometime, found out what the problem was. It somehow conflicts with the Porsche 911RSR because after deleting it the issue was resolved. I did use your .tga for the CART:thumbsup:. Thanks.

edit: Every time I install Porsche 911RSR the CART icon is missing.

Thanks! And what if you install the CART icon after the 911 mod? It looks like they share the same "spot."

You can rename them ANYHOW you like.
My is CART_1998_Extreme for an example.
So I have CART_1998_Extreme.srs and CART_1998_Extreme.tga in my series folder. I can't see how could you possibly run into any problems after renaming the series the way you like. Hope that helps.

You can rename them ANYHOW you like.
My is CART_1998_Extreme for an example.
So I have CART_1998_Extreme.srs and CART_1998_Extreme.tga in my series folder. I can't see how could you possibly run into any problems after renaming the series the way you like. Hope that helps.
I did rename the series files but of same result. Do I have to rename other files?

• Deleted member 130869

Either one I install first, would have the missing CART icon. And now I can't even use the CART mod when they're installed together(verified integrity of AMS files twice).

I've just downloaded that mod to take a look. Did you completely remove any previous version of it from your system? I personally use JSGME for rFactor 1, Automobilista, and Assetto Corsa mod installation, so it's always a temporary overwrite to the game folder.

Anyway, looking at the v1.11 of the mod, I see the series is named Reiza41, which shouldn't conflict with CART Extreme. So that must mean the old version of the mod had the same slot, or there is something else taking that series.

I've just downloaded that mod to take a look. Did you completely remove any previous version of it from your system? I personally use JSGME for rFactor 1, Automobilista, and Assetto Corsa mod installation, so it's always a temporary overwrite to the game folder.

Anyway, looking at the v1.11 of the mod, I see the series is named Reiza41, which shouldn't conflict with CART Extreme. So that must mean the old version of the mod had the same slot, or there is something else taking that series.
I even did a fresh install of AMS before updating anything to make sure(pc off for a month because of moving). It should just be a simple install of updated CART and 911RSR. I will install it again sometime maybe my pc will fix it itself:unsure:. Thanks anyways.

• Deleted member 130869

I even did a fresh install of AMS before updating anything to make sure(pc off for a month because of moving). It should just be a simple install of updated CART and 911RSR. I will install it again sometime maybe my pc will fix it itself:unsure:. Thanks anyways.

There is something wrong in the process somewhere. If you had the game uninstalled, all folders deleted, and then reinstalled only the base game, you should have no conflict with the latest version of either mod. Delete your Series folder, Talent folder, then under GameData, delete Vehicles. Then do Steam's Verify Game Integrity. Try having only those two mods, v1.30 of CART and v1.11 of Porsche RSR, installed in your game and load it up. Given the files involved, there is no way for a blank start not to work.

There is something wrong in the process somewhere. If you had the game uninstalled, all folders deleted, and then reinstalled only the base game, you should have no conflict with the latest version of either mod. Delete your Series folder, Talent folder, then under GameData, delete Vehicles. Then do Steam's Verify Game Integrity. Try having only those two mods, v1.30 of CART and v1.11 of Porsche RSR, installed in your game and load it up. Given the files involved, there is no way for a blank start not to work.
And I thought it was just me..some are also having the same issue as mine, (page.http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/porsche-911-3-0l-rsr-1974.131085/page-2#post-2522659).

Yeah and I have JUST NOW realize that I can't choose my Porsche mod EVEN I HAVE INSTALLED it. :O_o: I can (thank God!) use CART mod though. Can't remember in which order did I install those mods. As their latest updates came I guess. Strange indeed. :cautious:
Btw I also have TWO BTCC icons, selecting either opens (correctly) btcc cars, but ...why ?

Have you guys tried removing "Order=31" from the RSR srs?

I didn't install the full mod, but when I tested this with only the Series files, initially the RSR icon shows but the CART icon does not. After removing that line, both icons show.

I had a similar issue -> I use a separate install folder for my main offline racing. I only have 5 or 6 series in it. Initially when I removed most of the series files I would get empty ghost place holders on the main screen and some actual icons not showing up. I removed all the Order=# from the series files and just use the series names to determine order and the problem went away.

Hello guys!
How can i speed up the AI a little. Set them allready to 120% ingame, but they are still 3-4 secs slowwer than myself. Cart Extrem 1.3 is installed, had no earlier version installed. AMS is up to date.

EDIT: Looks to me it has something to do with the JNS trackpack. Tried Montreal this morning, and the AI is fast enough. So how can i make them faster on the converted ovals?

Last edited:
Dammit, I still can't play (hey no biggie it's only my favorite mod for AMS) cause of Porsche 911 1974 mod. I guess I could delete it once for all but since this mod is also very good it would be such a waste.
I have latest mods version yes.
I don't get it...
I used to never had any problems of this kind, I could do almost anything I want with .srs files and - mods would appear, name mod as I wand, name srs file as I want but now... it's all of sudden it become such a big deal. Why ?
My CART mod is REIZA35
and my Porsche mod is REIZA44, if that's important.
Any ideas ?

@gamer19 It's the ID in the srs file. Patrick update the Porsche mod last month.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-911-3-0l-rsr-1974.13631/

SRS file correction
To solve the conflict with CART mod
Patrick Giranthon, Jul 12, 2017

@Tormentor The AI would need reworked for some of the ovals which I have no idea how Alex or Gringo do this. We use those tracks mostly for online races. Some are actually OK but for the ones that are not I would need more guidance to update them properly.

No mate, I already said
I have latest mods version yes.
that I got latest versions.
But I solve it, all by myself. :cool: It took so long though. :D
What actually appears as my sole problem was that I had ONE FOLDER INTO "series" folder ! and the game was read all those orphan files from it too !?!
I had that folder simply named "new folder" for whole time, pre-AMS, pre-GSCE series even, back there to rF (ONE) days, maybe even F1 challenge 99-02 and - it was never a problem.
Well... until now.

At least I know now. And maybe someone could learn from my mistake -
never have any folder within "series" folder !
Seriously.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back