Cars CART Extreme Turbo Edition [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joshums Anderson submitted a new resource:

CART Extreme Turbo Physics Patch - Now with turbos.

Recently I've been working on implementing working turbochargers into CART Extreme for Automobilista and I feel I've got it to a stage where I can let it loose on the general public. Included are all stock cars modified to use new turbo physics as well as spare HDV files for league use, allowing use of any engine/chassis combination.

Aero configurations for road courses, short ovals, superspeedways and speedways have been modified - with 1.5bar of turbo boost available on road courses and...

Read more about this resource...

Running into an issue with opening .mas file

following your instruction, deleted everything in the CART_Extreme folder in vehicles and unzipped the zip into the CART_Extreme folder.

every car is giving me an unable to show .mas file.

have I done something wrong?

Hi!
Thx for your reply....but its still not working.
gmotor2 .mas file error.

What's the matter with 1.1 and 1.11? It's exatly the same file..?!

Last edited:
@Joshums Anderson Thanks for this great addition. Happy to see someone worked on updating the best mod around (yeah I'm a fanboy).

If I may do a small remark, I would say adding turbo sounds to the engine sounds is not necessary according to me. I listened to several replays from this era (especially 1998 and onboard) and you cannot hear any clear turbo sound. Be it the usual blowing whine or the pop-off valve. Don't know why is that. Still I think the original CART mod team got the engine sound right just as it is.

In any case, thank you for your work. :)

Last edited:
Joshums Anderson updated CART Extreme Turbo Edition with a new update entry:

New standalone version including physics improvements and new sounds.

NB: V1.25 is a stand alone version. Versions prior to v1.25 should be removed for the best experience.

Changelog:

- New engine files with more realistic engine RPM limits and torque curves
- Turbo boost reduced to 1.35bar as per 1998 regulations
- Oval engine files deprecated
- Rudimentary engine mapping added; 5 levels available on road courses and 4 available on ovals (3-5 intended for qualifying only due to non-variable in-car mapping in AMS), highe levels grant higher RPM limits...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you thank you thank you!!:)

After a couple of years: my absolute favourite onboardsound is BACK in the CART Extreme Mod :geek:

YES!

Only one little detail: is it possible to change the colour of wheels? Afaik there are different colours at the Teams. For example: the wheels of the Reynard KOOL GREEN Team have "golden" Wheels.
At Team RAHAL (Bryan Herta/SHELL) have black wheels. At the moment all Teams have the same silver Wheels? Any chance to change??
Like i said: only a little detail i recognized ;)

Last edited:
Hi there :)

I would say a simple "Thank you" for your work! Very nice!
I have a question: what are the changes to the physics? The cars are very gentle to drive now. I would say, like reality imho. The cars are not soooo difficult do drive in reality...i think!
Now (for me) they are perfect. Easier? Maybe.....for me it is just perfect!

Last edited:
I have a question: what are the changes to the physics? The cars are very gentle to drive now.

For the most part, there hasn't been that many. Some tweaks have been done to certain areas but the main one has just been adding the turbo model to the engines and adjusting them accordingly. Naturally this makes things easier as the original mod used a "pseudo-turbo" effect with boost and engine files - the boost always kicks in instantaneously and this isn't very realistic. With turbos, you can put the throttle down but may have to lift when the turbo kicks in. You'll find on mix 5 and full 1.35 bars they're not so easy though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back