CART Extreme Enhancement Patch

Cars CART Extreme Enhancement Patch EP 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Joshums Anderson submitted a new resource:

CART Extreme Enhancement Patch - An optional set of personally selected enhancements for the CART Extreme mod

Note: This patch, while requiring the CART Extreme mod to be installed, should not cause online mismatches. Please let me know if it does.

------------------------------------------------------------------

CART Extreme Enhancement Patch
Credit is given to the developers of the original CART Extreme mod for allowing me to use their mod as a base for this patch.

Changes from original mod:

Read more about this resource

Last edited:
Hi there

With your previous mod you still never answered my post.
In this patch has the fuel issue being fixed and also on standing start you were very slow to get off the line and would fall behind all the other cars.

Let us know thanks

Hi there

In this patch has the fuel issue being fixed and also on standing start you were very slow to get off the line and would fall behind all the other cars.

Let us know thanks

Sorry I missed this:

- I'll look into fuel usage, though in race you shouldn't really be using more than engine mode 1 or 2.
- The slow off the line issue may be caused by the fact the turbo doesn't kick in until higher revs. You might need to shorten initial gear ratios as unlike the original mod this doesn't use a "pseudo-turbo" effect and will naturally have lower torque at lower revs as without the turbo model, it's assuming 100% boost at all times, not just at optimum revs which is more realistic. I'll see what I can do though.

Hi there

Let us know thanks

With the standing start issue, it's slow to start with the regular CART mod too. I find that feathering the clutch to up-rev the engine allows for a better jump off the line (as in drop clutch, then feather it to kick engine into red-line and drop it. Repeat until you're up to 80ish MPH and you're good)

as for the boost thing, shame you can't adjust it in race. Or if you can, I'm not a very smart man and don't know how to do it.

Sorry I missed this:

- I'll look into fuel usage, though in race you shouldn't really be using more than engine mode 1 or 2.
- The slow off the line issue may be caused by the fact the turbo doesn't kick in until higher revs. You might need to shorten initial gear ratios as unlike the original mod this doesn't use a "pseudo-turbo" effect and will naturally have lower torque at lower revs as without the turbo model, it's assuming 100% boost at all times, not just at optimum revs which is more realistic. I'll see what I can do though.

Appreciate the feedback.

The slow off the start would be nice if one could improve this.
The turbo could kick in a bit sooner, in general most or all turbo cars kick in early with 1st gear.
Not sure how this would affect the traction.

The fuel is my main problem.
I do a lot of short races to have bit of fun, problem is and even if you adjust fuel from 8 laps to 15 to accommodate for the misreading that it now has then the rest of the field still has to pit.
The fuel laps would need to be adjust so that if it says you set it to 8 laps then you get 8 and not half of that. This way all cars run on the same setup with out having to pit for short races.

Hopefully this can be solved.

Chat soon...

You have being online, do you not support this mod anymore or what.

With your previous upload before it was deleted there were several complaints about you just not answering in the support section.

If you are not prepared to support those who download you mod then you should not be on this site at all.

Could you please give some feedback or must I delete the mod from my PC?

Would appreciate the help, thank you!

The turbo could kick in a bit sooner, in general most or all turbo cars kick in early with 1st gear.

I do a lot of short races to have bit of fun, problem is and even if you adjust fuel from 8 laps to 15 to accommodate for the misreading that it now has then the rest of the field still has to pit.
The fuel laps would need to be adjust so that if it says you set it to 8 laps then you get 8 and not half of that. This way all cars run on the same setup with out having to pit for short races.

Chat soon...

You have being online, do you not support this mod anymore or what.

With your previous upload before it was deleted there were several complaints about you just not answering in the support section.

If you are not prepared to support those who download you mod then you should not be on this site at all.

Could you please give some feedback or must I delete the mod from my PC?

Would appreciate the help, thank you!

Chat soon...

I've been looking into the issues mentioned. No news does not always equal development has stopped. As far as deleting the mod goes, if you want to, go ahead. As mentioned various times already the official CART team is working on physics. If you want to wait for them, be my guest.

Joshums Anderson updated CART Extreme Turbo Patch with a new update entry:

Turbo fix for 1.5 CART mod.

As of V1.7, all prior versions of this mod extending graphical choices and including spare physics files are deprecated. Please download the latest version of this mod and delete any other instances installed.

--------------------

Changelog vs CART Extreme V1.501:
  • Updated base 1.501 engine files to use correct turbo pressure (1.35bar over 0.3 bar)
  • Added Hideshi Matsuda's Della Penna Swift
  • Newman-Haas Swift cars now use improved Pi dash
This mod aims to provide...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Have these issue being dealt with as per my previous post?

Chat soon...

Why not download the mod and see? :)

I aim to have fixed them, yes, as I have attempted to keep fuel levels and temperature increases as close to the V1.5 Extreme mod release as I can.

What kind of a stupid question is that???!!!

I stopped playing your mod because of those problems and now you want me to see if they there are not.

It's a simple yes no question so that I don't waist my time downloading and testing for nothing.

Will give it try and look forward to the mod if those problems have being addressed.

Appreciate the upload, thanks!

I just saw this mod has been updated right after the official mod by Patrick Giranthon.

So this new update is based on the most recen official version. What are the advantages over the official version? Is there anything different? Or anything better?

Last edited:
May I ask why Matsuda, there's some guys that have been left out of this mod with more entries in that year than him, he was just in Motegi race:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_CART_FedEx_Championship_Series
You are some long following fan or what ? :)
I just can't fool myself and add him in mod as he was there for whole year, it would be ...so off. Maybe it's just me though...:geek: I'm pretty unique. Ok, strange. :D

He was just the first one I got round to adding, since he had different sponsors etc. Other drivers were simply helmet changes, I could add them for future updates :)

I just saw this mod has been updated right after the official mod by Patrick Giranthon.

So this new update is based on the most recen official version. What are the advantages over the official version? Is there anything different? Or anything better?

The changelog should answer your questions but in brief: it changes the turbo pressure to a (hopefully) more realistic setting, as well as adding drivers that don't feature in the V1.5 mod, and it also gives the Newman-Haas Swift cars that updated Pi dash that appears on the Della Penna cars.

Joshums Anderson GOOD EVENING.
Mod is perfect, very good job, I have a question, how do I make artificial intelligence (AI) enter the correct chassis on the track?

Hi :) I'm not aware of such an issue? I'll check it over when I have some time, I've not had much time to work on this recently owing to studies but I can give it a look and see if there's any problems. What exactly is the issue, ie. do any AI use wrong chassis in your install?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%