1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU Cart Extreme @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Sunday 20 September 2015

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by bömii, Sep 15, 2015.

Added to Calendar: 20-09-15
  1. [​IMG]
    All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here
    Cars:
    Cart Extreme Download Here
    Track: Indianapolis Download here
    rFm: Download Here (needed to get the Cart Extreme mod working with a human safety car, just copy the files into your rfm folder)

Note: This is very much a test event. If anyone has advice to setup the server with Oval rules, please share. Enzo will be the safety car. Teamspeak will be mandatory for the race, you don't have to talk, just listen. The start will be a standing start, Enzo will be put on pole. We will do a warmup lap behind the safety car. Safety car will come in after 1 lap and give green flags via the chat. To avoid unnecesary chaos we will line up single file, instead of doulbe file.

Message from the safety car, @Enzo Fazzi

• The server will be set to a standing start. I will be placed in pole position and you're not allowed to overtake me or other cars until I call the green flag.
    • I will mention when we're going green and I will head into the pits when coming out of turn 4.
    • No overtaking until I call green flag! Following the leaders pace is obviously allowed. (And recommended!)
    • In the event of a crash, I will call out: "Full course yellow, line up single file behind the pacecar" This will be done on TS and via the ingame chat.
    • Slow down gradually after this message and line up behind each other. No overtaking!
    • The pits will be open at any time, to reduce caution times. Please go in at the first opportunity!
    • When everybody is on track again, I will allow lapped vehicles to unlap themselves. This will be done at my mark, and my mark only.
    • No weaving and no shenanigans behind the pace car!
    Since those rules are not enforced by the game, we rely on the drivers to keep it clean.

Practice: 18:00 GMT (10 minutes)
    Qualifying: 18:10 GMT (10 minutes)
    Warmup: 18:20 GMT (3 minutes)
    Race: 18:25 GMT (45 minutes)

You can sign up for either an individual race, or both. Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

The winner of this race gets an additional month of premium membership or you can give away 1 month of premium to a friend or non-premium member.

Example of track limits for a track.

Entry List
    1. Jörn Horbelt
    2. Tobias Röhner
    3. Charles Baccio
    4. Enzo Fazzi
    5. Tal Segal
    6. Dennis Phelan(maybe)
    7. Lorenzo Bonder
    8. Gabriel Sterr
    9. Patrick Pomes
    10. Dominic Tranquille
    11. Paul Fenwick
    12. Oscar Hardwick
    13. Yuri Kasdorp
    14. Kreshnik Halili
    15. Lorin Miller
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
    24. Free slot
    25. Free slot
    26. Free slot
    27. Free slot
    28. Free slot
    29. Free slot
    30. Free slot
    31. Free slot

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  2. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner
    Germany's greatest Indycar Fan. Staff Premium Member

Sign me up please. May I suggest changing from a timed to a lap race? If we get many yellows, there won't be too much racing to be had around this place. (40-50 laps should be around 45min)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chark

Chark
    Premium Member

Aww yiss. I'm in please.

4. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium Member

Yellows shouldn't take as long with me as the safety car. :)

5. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner

Fair point :D

6. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi

Hello racers!

I'll quickly write down the rules here, since they're a bit different. Keep in mind that this is a test event!

• The server will be set to a standing start. I will be placed in pole position and you're not allowed to overtake me or other cars until I call the green flag.
    • I will mention when we're going green and I will head into the pits when coming out of turn 4.
    • No overtaking until I call green flag! Following the leaders pace is obviously allowed. (And recommended!)
    • In the event of a crash, I will call out: "Full course yellow, line up single file behind the pacecar" This will be done on TS and via the ingame chat.
    • Slow down gradually after this message and line up behind each other. No overtaking!
    • The pits will be open at any time, to reduce caution times. Please go in at the first opportunity!
    • When everybody is on track again, I will allow lapped vehicles to unlap themselves. This will be done at my mark, and my mark only.
    • No weaving and no shenanigans behind the pace car!

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Tal

Tal
    Premium Member

sign me up

8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

I'm a maybe! Praying for rain that day.

9. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

230 mph RACING SHENANIGANS @ INDY 500 (this case, indy 150)!? I AM IN.

I'm adding additional rules to the Enzo's rules, see it bold words!

• The server will be set to a standing start. I will be placed in pole position and you're not allowed to overtake me or other cars until I call the green flag. This is iRacing Oval, SCE mode, so WARM UP YOUR TIRES BEFOREHAND! Also for inspiration hear this before going to the race.
    • I will mention when we're going green and I will head into the pits when coming out of turn 4. Enzo will say "The Pace Car is in...GREEN GREEN GREEN" (just like in iRacing with the Aussie spotter dude)
    • No overtaking until I call green flag! Following the leaders pace is obviously allowed. (And recommended!) In other words, whenever I call "GREEN GREEN GREEN" you guys can wreak havoc.
    • In the event of a crash, I will call out: "Full course yellow, line up single file behind the pacecar" This will be done on TS and via the ingame chat. In other words, I'll shout at y'all whenever it happens, just like Frau Frarbissima
    • Slow down gradually after this message and line up behind each other. No overtaking! Whoever overtakes will face Enzo's Italian fury.
    • The pits will be open at any time, to reduce caution times. Please go in at the first opportunity! The pit fake is allowed so use and abuse whenever you want!
    • When everybody is on track again, I will allow lapped vehicles to unlap themselves. This will be done at my mark, and my mark only. This ain't NASCAR so pass and make haste, homies!
    • No weaving and no shenanigans behind the pace car! In other words, NO WEAVING OR MASS SHENANIGANS, YOU HEAR ME @Chark and @Tal?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    • Haha Haha x 1
  10. Tal

Tal
    Premium Member

11. Queequeg

Queequeg
    Premium Member

Thanks for the tag, I'm in!

12. Tal

Tal
    Premium Member

Conflict Located

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi

@Lorenzo Bonder It was mostly me and Tal anyway. Mostly me.

• Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  14. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

I'm just going down the hierarchy line :p, simple!

15. Chark

Chark
    Premium Member

Message to race directors: don't worry, I won't weave. I'll behave.
    Hehe, good thing that "going as close from Tal's car as the laws of physics may possibly allow" is not inlcuded under the term "weaving". I'll see you on raceday. :D

16. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner

Two setups for your testing pleasure.
    EDIT: to clarify, this is for the Reynard

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Maverick24

Maverick24
    Premium Member

Sign me up,great

18. The winner of this race gets an additional month of premium membership or you can give away 1 month of premium to a friend or non-premium member.

19. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi

That's unfair. Do I get one for helping the staff?
    I don't really mind, don't take it too serious.

20. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner

Now I need to delete my setup:confused::confused::confused: :D

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1