CART Extreme release for Stock Car Extreme

Game Stock Car Extreme Cart Factor 001.jpg

CART Extreme is an official revision of the original Racing Line Development´s CART Factor mod for rFactor with direct participation from some of the original developers and soon available for Game Stock Car Extreme.

CART Extreme will include:
  • Several graphics improvements (updated car shaders)
  • Moveable driver arms (from TV view only)
  • Revamped physics
  • Revamped sounds
Along with all features from the original mod:
  • Full CART 1998 field (28 cars)
  • 4 unique chassis (Reynard, Lola, Swift & Penske)
  • 4 engines (Honda, Ford, Mercedes, Toyota)
  • 2 tyre manufacturers (Firestone & Goodyear)
  • 3 chassis specifications for road, short oval and speedway tracks
You can find two of my preview videos here and here.

Some tracks are also being updated to GSCE standards to suit this release - you can find Long Beach & Vancouver already from the Game Stock Car Extreme modding section.

Game Stock Car Extreme Cart Factor 002.jpg Game Stock Car Extreme Cart Factor 003.jpg Game Stock Car Extreme Cart Factor 004.jpg Game Stock Car Extreme Cart Factor 005.jpg Game Stock Car Extreme Cart Factor 007.jpg Game Stock Car Extreme Cart Factor 008.jpg Game Stock Car Extreme Cart Factor 009.jpg

Thanks much, Patrick. Can you please explain a bit more about 'How to change chassis according to track'? I found the constructor folders and tracksconfigbase.ini, but don't understand the following instructions regarding the .gdb file. I'm not familiar with these files yet. Thanks.

The Penske dash readout is blank on my end, i.e. no gear indicator. Any ideas?...btw, excellent mod, Thank You!

Here is a short part of the original ReadMe from the original mod:

"Due to the limited data presented on the Pi dash unit in the Ford and Honda powered vehicles, and the small size of the LCD on the Mercedes steering wheel, it is recommended that the HUD info panel (press 6 to toggle on/off) is used even in the cockpit view. The tachometers and shift lights in the Ford and Honda powered cars are not visible in any external camera, this is due to the materials used only working when connected to the steering wheel instance. Additionally, the lack of a car speed indicator in-cockpit is intentional."

Hope this explains it;)

Here is a short part of the original ReadMe from the original mod:

"Due to the limited data presented on the Pi dash unit in the Ford and Honda powered vehicles, and the small size of the LCD on the Mercedes steering wheel, it is recommended that the HUD info panel (press 6 to toggle on/off) is used even in the cockpit view. The tachometers and shift lights in the Ford and Honda powered cars are not visible in any external camera, this is due to the materials used only working when connected to the steering wheel instance. Additionally, the lack of a car speed indicator in-cockpit is intentional."

Hope this explains it;)

Thank you hummer.

Does anyone else get motion sickness with this mod? I've never had any problems with nausea using any sim but for some reason this one makes me queasy after twenty minutes or so. No criticism on the mod itself - which is fantastic - but I'm hoping there's maybe an FOV or head bob setting, or even a refresh rate within the mod coding that is out of the 'normal' parameters, and I can make an adjustment.

You can change head 'bobbing' in cockpitinfo files inside each cars' directory with the parameter CockpitVibrationMag=0.00x. 0.002 should be good, but of course you can use even less :thumbsup:

Oh maaaan.... thank you so much. I didn't know about that page.:x3: Really amazing news.
This is, by far, my favorite mod. Actually.... from all games I have (and I have 16 racing simulation!) this one gives me biggest grin on my face. By far.
Say... if it's not too late by now:geek: - you need any help ? I'm the guy who's done onboard cameras for this mod (in GSCE version of it but of course it can be used in rFactor as well) 1.0 cams version comes with the (v1.1) mod itself and 1.1 is published here. Or maybe you're satisfied with the ones already there. :)

Last edited:
Oh maaaan.... thank you so much. I didn't know about that page.:x3: Really amazing news.
This is, by far, my favorite mod. Actually.... from all games I have (and I have 16 racing simulation!) this one gives me biggest grin on my face. By far.
Say... if it's not too late by now:geek: - you need any help ? I'm the guy who's done onboard cameras for this mod (in GSCE version of it but of course it can be used in rFactor as well) 1.0 cams version comes with the (v1.1) mod itself and 1.1 is published here. Or maybe you're satisfied with the ones already there. :)
Sure, shoot me your ISI forum user name and I'll send ya a PM on those forums with the RF2 mod details.

Really hope this mod along with the CART '98 tracks will be ported to Automobilista. :)

I'm playing this mod as much as I play stock content. Maybe even more.
We're gearing up for a final SCE CART Extreme championship (before we go to AMS) starting on March 6th! Come join us bud. (onlinesimracing.net/forum/scart)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%