Cars you've seen while you're out and about

IMG150edited.jpg

IMG085.jpg

Well unfortunately I don't have a picture as I was driving (being responsible and all that) but I was overtaken by a Tesla Roadster today :geek:. That's the first one I've ever seen on the road.

I wonder how far down the A303 it got? ;)

Nice! appreciation for V8 muscle in Hungary i like that! I,m thinking about buying a 88 Iroc Z convertible. I state 88 because it was the only year that GM fitted the 350cid 5.7l with 5 speed manual. 89 to 92 in droptop came with 305cid 5.0l with automatic. There are a few in Vancouver that people are selling that are in mint shape.

I wouldn't be very confident that 5.7L IROC had a 5-speed manual in it. A 5-speed manual was never really a production factory option for the 5.7L engine, they were all 4-speed 700R4 automatics. There are rumors in the wild that Chevy would sell you a 1LE version of the 5.7L IROC which is designed for track use since it lacked A/C and radio and had a few other upgrades but based on everything I've read and my many years in the F-body community, I have never seen one, so they would have to be incredibly rare and/or sitting in storage waiting for someone to auction it one day for a small fortune.

However, I have all too often seen people selling IROC's with 5.0L and T5 5-speed manuals in them claiming they were 5.7L's when they weren't or it was a project car that someone had swapped in a 5-speed manual. The biggest problem with the T5 5-speed manual trans that was used during those years and even through 1992 in the Z28 was that it was weak. The maximum torque rating wasn't that high and that's why it could only be paired with a 5.0L since that engine had less torque. The 4-speed 700R4 auto trans was the only trans that GM had during those years with a torque rating strong enough to withstand the 5.7L engine n the Camaro. The Corvette used the same 5.7L engine, but two different manual transmissions were available during those years, the Doug Nash 4+3 in earlier models and the ZF 6-speed later, both of which were built much stronger than the T5 5-speed manual used in the 5.0L IROC.

@Blkout, I gave up on wanting an IROC quite some time ago. I missed out on a couple of nice ones back when i was interested and the rest of the ones that were for sale were either too modified for my liking or people were asking too much for them.

@Blkout, I gave up on wanting an IROC quite some time ago. I missed out on a couple of nice ones back when i was interested and the rest of the ones that were for sale were either too modified for my liking or people were asking too much for them.

Its really hard to find one these days that hasn't been rode hard. I've got quite a history with Camaro's. My first car was a 1982 Z-28, then I had 1983 Z-28, then a 1987 IROC-Z, then a 1991 Z-28, then a 1995 Z-28, then a 1999 Camaro SS. In between the 1987 IROC-Z and the 1991 Z-28, I had a 1986 Corvette and a 1990 Corvette, then after the 1999 Camaro SS, I had a 2003 Corvette Z06, and that was the last of my GM vehicles.

Last edited:
Its really hard to find one these days that hasn't been rode hard. I've got quite a history with Camaro's. My first car was a 1982 Z-28, then I had 1983 Z-28, then a 1987 IROC-Z, then a 1991 Z-28, then a 1995 Z-28, then a 1999 Camaro SS. In between the 1987 IROC-Z and the 1991 Z-28, I had a 1986 Corvette and a 1990 Corvette, then after the 1999 Camaro SS, I had a 2003 Corvette Z06, and that was the last of my GM vehicles.

Sweet list man! i like em all :thumbsup:. The Z06 must of been really awesome to drive.

@Hiroshi Awazu
Can you tell me more about the Beemer?
I see it's got a sunroof, so no way it is a former Group A car.
Is Jägermeister well known in the US? Have you taken the picture in a "German" quarter? A well informed DTM fan in the states? Driver name is Mario Ketterer?
Found it: 1988 DTM livery!

@Hiroshi Awazu
Can you tell me more about the Beemer?
I see it's got a sunroof, so no way it is a former Group A car.
Is Jägermeister well known in the US? Have you taken the picture in a "German" quarter? A well informed DTM fan in the states? Driver name is Mario Ketterer?
Found it: 1988 DTM livery!

It is not a actual former Group A car, just made to look like one but never the less still really nice looking car. I'm in Canada and Jagermeister is very well known here.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 485 39.0%