PC1 cars seem slow

Im not a fast driver by no means , here is my issue.Using a BMW Z4 GT3 with base setup on Nurburg GP .auto clutch , sequential shifting. All assists are off.
Assetto Corsa lap time 2:03 ( all gears used)
Project Cars lap time 2:20 (I cant get passed 3rd gear)

Using CSW V2/BMW rim , G27 pedals

just to check, if you change the in game HUD to the one where you can see pedal inputs, does the throttle bar coincide with your actual pedal movement?

it should say 0 for pedals, not 100. you tease them until it changes to 0 from whatever it says at first.
Yes the pedals match up with the telemetry. When I calibrate the pedals...it starts at 0 then I press the pedal until it reaches 100 to show me it is fully depressed. When I have released the pedal back to "0"...on screen still displays 100. Should I be doing something different? I'll take any advice I can get to help me out. Thanks for the reply

Yes the bar seems to be progressive as I push the pedal it goes all the way to the top when its about 90% pushed in,so it seems to work fine.I just saw an other post where people has the same problem in career mode so maybe I just have to get better in the game.
Thank you for the reply .
So I guess we still can stay that the problem is on my end .

if you cant keep up on the straights, you cant 'just get better at the game'. but yes, the problem is with your game or pedels. perhaps contacting sms would be a good idea,

Yes the pedals match up with the telemetry. When I calibrate the pedals...it starts at 0 then I press the pedal until it reaches 100 to show me it is fully depressed. When I have released the pedal back to "0"...on screen still displays 100. Should I be doing something different? I'll take any advice I can get to help me out. Thanks for the reply

well the way i understood the calibrating pedals 'bit' was that it would find the deadzone of the pedals, so pressing the pedal completely to 100% would mean the whole pedal was dead so to speak. I pressed (well barely pressed, tickled is a better term) the pedal until it said 0% then stopped and clicked save.
I could be wrong, however this seemed to help me

if you cant keep up on the straights, you cant 'just get better at the game'. but yes, the problem is with your game or pedels. perhaps contacting sms would be a good idea,

well the way i understood the calibrating pedals 'bit' was that it would find the deadzone of the pedals, so pressing the pedal completely to 100% would mean the whole pedal was dead so to speak. I pressed (well barely pressed, tickled is a better term) the pedal until it said 0% then stopped and clicked save.
I could be wrong, however this seemed to help me
Mine starts at 0 without the pedal being pressed then goes upward to 100 when pressed. And I am slowly pressing the pedal instead of stomping on it to get it to 100. Should I press it until it gets to about 95 then press save?

Mine starts at 0 without the pedal being pressed then goes upward to 100 when pressed. And I am slowly pressing the pedal instead of stomping on it to get it to 100. Should I press it until it gets to about 95 then press save?

hmm well thats different to mine then, as it says undefined then as i press it slightly it goes to 0, i stopped when it got to 0. perhaps if 95% doesnt help, try not touching the pedals (i.e. leaving it at 0%) and see if that helps?

The AI are very fast at 80% on certain tracks & car combinations and so simply keep lowering their strength slider until you got the correct match between you and the AI. I been racing many years and consider myself a pioneer to sim racing experience and the AI are some of the best i ever raced against in a sim besides rFactor2.

Perhaps I was just being a baby blaming everything but myself ,I just find it weird that in career mode in gt4 80% ai @ imola the Ai was 1:52:... and I was 1:57:...also worth mentioning that I am familiar with the track.
I won the next race on Hockenheim by 10 seconds , I guess it's just not consistent difficulty .

The AI are very fast at 80% on certain tracks & car combinations and so simply keep lowering their strength slider until you got the correct match between you and the AI. I been racing many years and consider myself a pioneer to sim racing experience and the AI are some of the best i ever raced against.
I understand the ai are fast...but from what I read and hear everyone saying that the ai are slow at 100 just baffles me. And what I don't get is if I am on the longest straight of a track ie Le Mans...there is no possible way of me passing an ai or keeping up with them. On the first or second straight before the chicane, I lose at least a second on them. I've tried faster gearing, less downforce and nothing works

The AI are very fast at 80% on certain tracks & car combinations and so simply keep lowering their strength slider until you got the correct match between you and the AI. I been racing many years and consider myself a pioneer to sim racing experience and the AI are some of the best i ever raced against in a sim.

yes, but to be overtaken down a long straight is not down to great ai?
@Chadd 's problem is not down to great ai, as it isnt consistent throughout players

So, you cant pass using their slip stream, then you have another issue that needs to be addressed such as using a faster setup and/or pedal calibration.

Another issue might be that you are not as fast down the long straight because of your improper entry into the last turn before the long straight. Possibly the AI are accelerating into the apex sooner because of a great entry, thus allowing alot more speed down the long straight.

Last edited:
Chad....which car are you using at Lemans as your example as i want to use that same combination to run some tests against the AI? Do you set the AI strength to 100%?

Maybe you could make a video so i could observe your race with the AI which might help explain these issues.

I was just using Le Mans as an example as it's the longest straight I can think of. The tracks I have noticed are Spas on the long straight after Eau Rouge, and the straight at Nurburgring GP. With ai at 100 if we exit the corner at the same time I get left behind and even getting in their slipstream makes no difference. It makes me wonder if my pedals are messed up

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back