1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

cars seem slow

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Angeltheartist, May 7, 2015.

1. Angeltheartist

Angeltheartist
    Premium Member

Im not a fast driver by no means , here is my issue.Using a BMW Z4 GT3 with base setup on Nurburg GP .auto clutch , sequential shifting. All assists are off.
    Assetto Corsa lap time 2:03 ( all gears used)
    Project Cars lap time 2:20 (I cant get passed 3rd gear)

Using CSW V2/BMW rim , G27 pedals

2. Si

Si
    Premium Member

will give this a go!

3. Si

Si
    Premium Member

sorry, 1.59 AC 1.58 PC

4. Angeltheartist

Angeltheartist
    Premium Member

Can you tell me your game settings for Project Cars . I'm not sure if I'm missing something with the in game settings .

5. Si

Si
    Premium Member

im running everything totally stock! I dare'nt change a thing! Clubsport base, rim, and v2's

6. Angeltheartist

Angeltheartist
    Premium Member

I'm talking about car assists or even pedal calibration . Thanks again.

7. Si

Si
    Premium Member

car assists factory...so both have abs and tc no stability done nothing with pedal calibration

8. Si

Si
    Premium Member

but I do feel PC has far to much grip! and a shed loads of understeer!

9. Angeltheartist

Angeltheartist
    Premium Member

OK thanks i have abs and traction off. Going to turn back on see if that helps.

10. Spa bmw z4 gt3 - ac 2:15:8 PC 2:18 After 20 min with default setup and all aids Off.

11. Angeltheartist

Angeltheartist
    Premium Member

This is something I noticed (Project cars) . Units in game set to imperial and also on Fanaleds for my CSW V2 with BMW rim. When driving BMW Z4 GT3 the dash display on car reads car speed 120 plus but on my CSW BMW rim it reads 20 mph less . In car dash 125 mph CSW BMW rim 101mph.

12. i had this issue in an earlier beta, i found that calibrating your pedals in the settings menu fixed it for me. you just press them in until the thing says positive

13. Angeltheartist

Angeltheartist
    Premium Member

My issue was resolved . Had to unplug pedals from computer re calibrated in controller settings in PC properties than in game settings all is good. Before in game calibration my pedals would only go to 87% after recalibration on PC and in game now all pedals go to 100%.

14. I'm having a different issue with the cars being slower. I've calibrated my wheel and pedals to where each one says 100...yet I can't compete with the ai at even on 80. Literally every straight on any course I am being passed by the ai and I cannot keep up with them. I've made every possible change I can think of as far as tuning from gearing to downforce and nothing helps. If I'm do a lap on Spa with the Z4 GT3...I'm literally 10 seconds slower than I am on AC. I am getting very frustrated and can't seem to figure out what to do. Any help is much appreciated

15. Not sure about AC (as I've not played it), but aren't the tracks in PCars not laser scanned. Maybe this could be the cause of some discrepancies?

16. Angeltheartist

Angeltheartist
    Premium Member

First question what difficulty setting did you select. Also what assists do you have on ?

17. I run with no assists...and I like to run against 100 ai as I do with R3E, or AC, or GSCE...but I can't even compete with the ai on here even at 80. I see all kinds of posts and videos where people are using the stock tune against 100 ai and have no problem against them, but I'm not even competitive. I'm completely lost on what to do

18. I have the same problem as Chadd, not competitive at all ,can not keep up with the ai mostly in sraights.I am using a t300 with the stock pedals.In other racing games I use 95% difficulty,here I am still trying to dial it in , but so far looks like 70 or 80, it bugs me because most people say the ai is too easy to beat so I am afraid it is on my end .
    Thanks in advance for any help!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. just to check, if you change the in game HUD to the one where you can see pedal inputs, does the throttle bar coincide with your actual pedal movement?

it should say 0 for pedals, not 100. you tease them until it changes to 0 from whatever it says at first.

20. Yes the bar seems to be progressive as I push the pedal it goes all the way to the top when its about 90% pushed in,so it seems to work fine.I just saw an other post where people has the same problem in career mode so maybe I just have to get better in the game.
    Thank you for the reply .
    So I guess we still can stay that the problem is on my end .