Cars Pit For Fuel Before Necessary...(?)...

Dudes...

I've been building this track.... It's 30 miles through the Santa Monica Mountains in Southern California.

The AIW file has been modified with the FuelUsage numbers generated with the Kodi etc.... Everything is working great, except WHEN the cars pit for fuel.

Because the track is so long, an F1 car should be able to do a maximum of 3 laps before fueling.

However.... the AI driven cars always pit after only 2 laps (with the tank still ~1/3 full.... i.e. one lap remaining).

This is somewhat of a drag when I am racing AI driven cars, because they end up having to stop every two laps, whereas the car I am driving ... I only have to pit every 3 laps.

The only way I have been able to get them to run the full tank of fuel (that is.... not stop after 2 laps) is on the last stint of a 9 lap race when rFactor's maximum quantity of pitstops (3) have been exhausted [2 laps from start + 2 laps after first stop + 2 laps after 2nd stop + 3laps after final pit stop untill checkered flag = 9 laps].

I am curious if there is something editable in some file which dictates on which lap AI driven cars stop for fuel. Is it somewhere in the car mod? It seems as though this is somehow coded so they always pull into the pit when the fuel gauge reads 1 lap remaining).

thanks in advance...

plenty of fuel

Yea....
In these tests, there was always about 10 miles extra fuel, yet the cars still stop after only 2 laps when there is still about 40 miles of fuel remaining.

RE: the PLR file.... I'll check today, but aren't those set via the fuel usage settings in rFactor?

Perhaps I should try this question over int the rFactor forum....

Thanks much for the comments..

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing