Cars/Liveries/Setups exchange: Please enlighten me!

Situation: I have the GEC mod installed and bought the GTE pack. The following example is based on the 12h Sebring track that I got as part of the track pack. Still using the "old" UI.
Few weeks ago I selected the Porsche RSR from the GEC mod and started out on the Sebring track. Developed a setup, tried to get better etc.
Few days ago, felt like jumping into a different car (FR3.5) on different track. Failed miserably but anyway...
Yesterday I wanted to go back to the RSR/Sebring combo but didn't find my setup anymore. Problem was, I selected the RSR from the "Porsches", not from the GEC/GTEPro list. So, leave the track, change the car, start again.

To me all those RSRs are basically the same car. I understand that the GEC version is modded (in terms of BOP and livery) but AFAIK has the exact same setup options. This brought me to the more broad topic of "interchangeability" of setups and liveries. Would it be possible to get the "GEC setup" to the "Normal car"? How to do it? Would it be possible to get all the "normal" RSR-lieries to the GEC mod and how to do it? And the most important question: Am I missing something fundamentally about the RF2 mod system and if yes - what would be a good starting point with reading?

In any way: I have fought with this car on this track for 2 weeks now trying to get better and sparing you the details all I can say that I LOVE this game for the challenge it presents. It makes me better in understanding setups. It makes me better in finding details in driving line.

I'm not familiar with the exact mods you referring to, but save an setup for the 2nd car and then change the vehicle reference in your old setup to the same as the car you want to use it on (make a copy).

You can open the svm files with any text editor, and they are normally saved in the player/settings/track folder.

Then the setup will be available for the other car.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 5.8%