WIP Carolina Motorsport Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
CAROLINA MOTORSPORT PARK

Carolina Motorsports Park has been developed by a group of enthusiasts and racers from the south east, led by Joe Hooker and Bob Humphreys, who played leading roles in getting the project built. Land acquisition was completed in July 1998 with construction starting soon thereafter. The full 2.3 mile road course opened in July 1999.

The site is an old World War II fighter-training base located about four miles south of Kershaw and seventeen miles north of Camden on Highway 521 in South Carolina, and is approximately one hour drive south of Charlotte International Airport.

2,279mi/3,667 km - 14 turn

AerialPhoto.gif

Track Site http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/

Preview video

Thanks for betatesting Raido, the track is 100% complete, missing buildings and other small things

Seeking information of the buildings if anyone can help me serve images would be very grateful

It remains to make the AI to get out of the paddock and then release

sorry use googletranslator

Luca, looks absolutely great. I have a specific question about the bumps. How did you add them, and how did you control them? The car seems to bounce around quite realistically - through the fast corners, under braking, etc - and this adds to the impression of reality very well. I suspect I make my tracks a little too flat, the road surface too even, and this therefore feels slightly unrealistic. I know I can play with the cross section, and the random vertex height control, but I guess I was interested in how you did it here. Thanks :)

Thanks Alex, it is easier to do than to say, I have changed everything from the asphalt road to roadx after modifying the file .tdf with these features:

// Roads Bumps LVL1 //small bumps washboard
[FEEDBACK]
Dry=RoadDryGrip Wet=RoadWetGrip Resistance=0.0 BumpAmp=0.011 BumpWavelen=12.0 Legal=true Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=0.4
Materials=rdax

also depends greatly mod

I change the cross section only for the curbs that are part of the layout

sry use googletranslator

Thanks Luca, now I've been looking in detail at TDF files from various tracks I've downloaded.... wow, so much detail and variables. BTB editing seems like it's only half the story....!!!

There are alot of variables listed, linked to materials, etc. It's interesting comparing the BTB outputted TDF file versus custom ones. For example, I have been looking through the TDFs included in the FSR mod tracks, to look at the differences between say Valencia (smooth, modern circuit) and Spa (old, worn).

Will have to start testing and tweaking..... !

[also depends greatly on the mod]

What mod were you using there? Looks like a GT2 spec porsche from the EnduRacers - Endurance Series mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back