F1 2016 Career: Tyre Wear Practice Program Impossible?

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
Anyone else found the tyre wear program in practice to be extremely difficult and pretty much impossible because of the required lap time? I'm with Manor and I am doing 1:33's and I cannot get the low 1:32 that the program is requiring.

Meanwhile my teammate Wehrlein is lapping comfortably in the .29's! Are the AI just insanely strong at Melbourne or something? Because this is crazy.

And no, I'm not a slow driver. I'm not a super-duper alien, but I'm cocky enough to know that I'm not slow LOL!

I'm running Legend AI btw.

It seems pretty variable from track to track.

At Melbourne I was over a second inside the target each lap where I didn't screw up, with a Manor.

But at Bahrain it was impossible to get under the laptime without going into the red.

Next race at China it was as easy as Melbourne again.

This, among other things, have caused me to wait before playing again - some things need serious fixing.

Yes it depends of the track, I agree... I was successful at other tracks as well, Spa, Hockenheim, Austria etc... It is extremely important to get your foot of the throttle in fast corners, not to slide sideways. I noticed it's more difficult to keep the car steady on a strait line and fast corners on F1 2016 than it was on 2015. I was struggling to do so in Spa third sector, it is very bumpy. Also I did Monza tests with my rain set up which is more towards cornering than the top speed. That surely helps to

I struggled with this (legend AI) in my short test careers with Haas and Toro Rosso. And on those saves I also struggled with beating teammates in practice, was like 0.5-1sec behind them all the time, but very, very close to them in qualify and race. So now I have started the proper career with McLaren and it all changed... Beat all practice programs easely, beat Alonso in FP2 and FP3. Im not sure if its me just improving and need to change to ultimate AI in qualify and race, the car just suits me or what... But atleast could just dream off this in Haas and Toro Rosso att Melbourne :p

b5ulxK7.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back