F1 2010 Career save

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello!

I have to format my PC and reinstall the F1 game. What should be saved to keep my career in the new game? Besides "FormulaOne" folder from My Games, off-course.

Thanks!

I backup my save games often and all I do is actually copy and paste the "save games folder" from the formulaone folder in mygames to my second HDD ( put that in so I don't have any stuttering from replay recording, made a symbolic link to it, before that I had to put the replay file to read only)
Last night I made a career choice I didn't like and copied and pasted the backup save games folder into the "normal" save games folder and my career was restored to the point before the unwanted choice I made.
So I would say the save games folder out of the formula one folder or the entire formula one folder if you like and you should be good to go.

WOOOOH! Hang on though, if you are doing a format / reinstall then you also need to back up more!

What Ned did is fine for simply going back in time on your exisiting game, but on a fresh install you need to consider your GFWL live data, plus the fact there will not be an existing game profile after a vanilla install.

Yes you need to back up the F1 save game files in My Documents as described, and GFWL stuff, but on a clean install, you must start a new game, and then exit out. Then, from the new save game folders created, delete the new files and copy in you old backup files. DONT REPLACE the entire NEW folder, just copy your OLD FILES, into the NEW folder.

Obviously you need to do a similar replacement for the GFWL files. Im not sure off the top of my head where that stuff is, but you defo need it. Sorry I cant pinpoint it all for you.

Search the forum as its been covered before.

P.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back