1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Career not enough money, only 50.000cr - workaround?

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by RacingJustForFun, May 6, 2015.

1. Hello, I am new to this and just want to play by myself, meaning no multiplayer. I bought this game but when choosing CAREER I can only choose between two cars and those are the cheapest and slowest ones, because one got only 50.000cr at the beginning.

Is there a workaround, a cheat or whatever to start with more money or to be able to choose the better cars right from the beginning in CAREER MODE?

(Besides that, game looks great and ffb bumping and rumbling is great. Plus it has longer routes than in Dirt 1-3. Unfortunately only three countries - hopefully more are coming?)

2. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Nope. Drive, earn, buy. It's a "career" ;-)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. You can drive any car/track combination outside of Career, the point of Career is that you race to progress, move up to faster cars. No cheats that I know of, which is a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. There is one problem- You have to drive carrer to unlock car upgrades outside of Carrer.

5. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Yup, very weird way to do it in an Early Acces, at least at this point in time!

• Like Like x 1
  6. down R up L, Y, B

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. You can also do the daily, weekly and monthly online challenges to earn career cash... The daily doesn't even require you to own one of the cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. It's so easy to earn cash anyway in career.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Qué :unsure:

10. only oldschool streetfighter 2 players will get that joke :)

11. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Not me then ;)

Probably just a pad combo !

• Like Like x 1
  12. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

More like forward, down, down-forward for the OP.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy
    Premium Member

Here are my tips as I've written elsewhere here:
    1) Do those daily's! It gets me tuned up for the career stages, especially if I just played a tarmac game.
    2) Find a car you like, stick with it and develop that car.
    3) Seasons pay good money.
    4) Never use the RESTART function when you crash. Exit to the main menu and re-load the stage. You keep more of your restart bonus at the end of an event.
    5) Use AS LITTLE aids as you can. You can boost your payout significantly by doing things like forcing cockpit cam, and turning off automatic launches.
    6) Try the Custom Career. I just started one, so I don't know much about it, but its a good way to build up miles for your crew while learning stages and getting paid to do it. They can be as short as you like.