F1 2011 Career: New team every season

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Can you get a new team every season? As in all 5?

The reason I ask was that I was Force India in my 3rd season. Did well - came 5th in the Championship. Beat my team mate, did the majority of my objectives (was asked to come 9th). I had 24 rep points.

I had contract offers from Lotus and Toro Rosso. Now forgive me if I don't jump at the chance to join them.

The Mclarens came 10th and 11th in the Drivers championship. Should I at least have had an offer from Mercedes, Sauber or L - Renault?

I not saying that you actually playing easier AI but obviously for some reason our AI not perform the same way as it should be :cool: Thats why i do have fun on defending cause my AI not dumb at all :D

That's the out of sight bug. It's nothing different in the AI. You can see that Hamilton did 2 seconds slower lap than Schumacher and everyone else was 2 seconds slower than Hamilton on Melbourne. (Your game). I'm sure it's the out of sight bug.

By the way, anyone knows which car is the harshest on the tiers equal and 2011 performance?

Generally i think your overall AI performance is not on par with legend difficulty, no matter in front or behind you because those car behind you is slow too. Its very obvious the AI behavior is very wrong especially when you run out of fuel in the last lap, they doesnt looks like racing with you though you already very slow at that time. My AI will keep on challenge me in any straight line and if i go a little bit slower, just a little bit slower they will pass me and go far far away after 1 or 2 laps. I can do some sample video for you to have a look if you interested. If i make some mistakes and puncture like you did in the video then definitely no way i can still finish 4th place. 15th-19th is my best bet in that kind of situation :cool:

You're starting to getting me nervous now.

You know what out of sight bug is?? Make 1 lap with ~1 sec behind a top lap. Go to race manager - see lap time. Then restart race. Become last so you have a big distance between the same car. Make lap. See lap time. Difference? Maybe 2-3 seconds. It's a bug.

The AI at the last lap were LAPPED. L A P P E D. It means they are over 1 lap behind me. When did the lapped AI cars started unlapping their selves?? I exited the pits 11th or 13th or something like that. How can I finish 15th when after the puncture I was 11th? That's insane. Of course I'll make progress for god sake! And my AI is trying to overtake just how much your AI is. Same settings. 5.0 overtake time, 0.25 minfiretime and etc etc etc etc etc. The little difference is that my AI has more DRS power than yours and is not bugged like yours. That's it! How can I explain it to you so you can understand? Send me your files - I'll take pictures for you so you can see the values are completely the same. We both play on Legend difficulty. I don't see what you can't understand! It's as simple as that. Out of sight bug. Google it. You'll read loads of pages about it. If it's not this - how will you explain Schumi 1.24 - Hamilton 1.26 - everyone else 1.27 at Melbourne (your race)?? It's just because Schumi got a lot ahead, Hamilton didn't get a lot ahead and everyone else was within sight. And in Melbourne I saw that you are making a train of the AI. How can they overtake when you were a lot slower than them? How do you expect to catchup when the AI is faster than you? And before you think of telling me this ==> The AI behind isn't affected by out of sight bug. It's only the AI cars which are more than 5 seconds ahead of you.

Anyways, go to my video. Look at the PLACES the cars behind are. Look around the track, you'll probably see the waved blue flags. Please. I'm definitely not in a mood at this time and such things make me angry but c'mon...

LazyBug I found some time to watch your video and I must say some things. First of all it's not that your AI is different but you're slow in general :) You take some corners so slow that it's absolutely normal the AI to be on your a**. Second - you're driving on lean man! Lean whole first lap. How do you expect to keep a McLaren behind? This is not possible even with Williams or FI. And last but not least - 5/5 wings?!?!?!?! Who the h*ll plays with 5/5 wings? That makes you even slower and this probably is what caused your bad corner speed. Oh and your setup is strange in general too. I mean 1/11 ARB, stiffer rear springs, 5/5 wings, I bet it's tough to control the rear end in high speed corners.

Dont get so nervous, i saying all that is just because your fastest AI is much slower than my AI, thats all (my 6th fastest AI still more than 1s faster than your top AI), thats what make me feel wrong, i dont understand how out of sight bug affect this cause your top 5 AIs should go much faster since it sure more than 5s ahead of you.
But its no big deal i guess, i not a veteran F1 player in fact i just seriously play it this 2 months so for sure you guys probably right about almost anything about this game, so lets stop this topic here, now :cool:
Good day :D

For your information i definitely not a veteran F1 player who only start to spend much more time in this game from the last 2 months, i know what you talking about my race setup, actually i know how most people setup their car & if am so dumb i wont be able to get into Q3 with Lotus (Melbourne & Malaysia), i mean how many player out there able to get into Q3 with a no KERS car vs legend AI?? I simply like to try some experiment since i still new in this game to see how is the different between this or that as long as i complete the objective. Talking about the fuel map I do hold them all using lean fuel before 1st pit stop unless i make mistake, i done my Malaysia race yesterday and i do the same again using lean fuel to hold all the car behind me til 1st stop to save fuel for the rest of the race where the real challenge begin. Of cause to race like this might looks stupid and boring but like i say i like to experiment this & that and thats the way i enjoy the game.
I know many people only adjust gear ratio for race according to their qualifying setup and thats what i gonna do in China race & lets see if i can really race faster :D
Thanx for your time, more advise is always welcome & good day :cool:

Dont get so nervous, i saying all that is just because your fastest AI is much slower than my AI, thats all (my 6th fastest AI still more than 1s faster than your top AI), thats what make me feel wrong, i dont understand how out of sight bug affect this cause your top 5 AIs should go much faster since it sure more than 5s ahead of you.
But its no big deal i guess, i not a veteran F1 player in fact i just seriously play it this 2 months so for sure you guys probably right about almost anything about this game, so lets stop this topic here, now :cool:
Good day :D

That's what I'm telling you. They were more than 5 seconds ahead of me, but I DO NOT have the bug. YOU have it. So when your AI gets 5 seconds ahead it starts doing strange lap times. When mine goes 5 seconds ahead - it doesn't. It does the same lap times as it's not 5 seconds ahead. That's the difference. I wasn't angry at you in the morning, I was just angry. Forget about it.

i mean how many player out there able to get into Q3 with a no KERS car vs legend AI??

Well, I'll be honest with you. If you want - I'll try. But I don't think I can. That's not the case. You don't get the points for a qualifying lap. You get them from the race. I suck at Qualifyings. I really do. But at race pace I'm a lot better. That's what I like tho. I don't care for the Q. When I start from the front row, what fun will I get? Just staying ahead of everyone and that's it. That's boring. Actually, if I have to be honest, I was doing this on F1 2010 and at the beginning of F1 2011. Just like you. On F1 2011 I started the career with a Virgin (again) and I wasn't nowhere near where I am now. I was slow. For example I qualify 15th with the 11/11 bug and I jump to the top on the 1st corner and I just defend from there and I don't let anyone pass and I was woohooo I finished on the podium... Now I realize that this is boring. Actually, I don't remember a time when I've been defending on a League race. I'm ahead or behind. If I meet with another player on the track - I'm attacking him. I haven't defended.

Try this. Install out of sight bug fix. Go on the track. Don't overtake the first laps - you won't have the excuse that they'll do insane lap times and race. Race race race. You'll see that it is awesome fun. I'll try a Lotus on Melbourne or Malaysia to see if I'll get to Q3 but I don't think I'll get to it. Like I said - I suck at Qualifyings.

According to what i read in codemaster forum the "out of sight" bug is fixed as long as i play the original 1.2 game without mods & i hardly play mod in any game. So i think i clear of that bug, the bug is already fix by the 2nd patch :cool:
Thanx for your advise on race but lets see what i gonna do in my China race, this time i will try different setup and see if i can catch up those car in front of me if there are any :D
By the way i think i will still overtake to gain as many place as i can in the first few corner before i get at least 1 or 2 more upgrade to ensure my car is capable enough to race with those better tier cars :D
Thanx for your time & good day :cool:

By the way i believe you can get into Q3 in Melbourne with Lotus since your virgin already lap 1:24.7xx with prime, option tyre should be at least .5s faster than prime right ??
I do hope you dont mind to share your setup as well if possbile :p

According to what i read in codemaster forum the "out of sight" bug is fixed as long as i play the original 1.2 game without mods & i hardly play mod in any game. So i think i clear of that bug, the bug is already fix by the 2nd patch :cool:
Thanx for your advise on race but lets see what i gonna do in my China race, this time i will try different setup and see if i can catch up those car in front of me if there are any :D
By the way i think i will still overtake to gain as many place as i can in the first few corner before i get at least 1 or 2 more upgrade to ensure my car is capable enough to race with those better tier cars :D
Thanx for your time & good day :cool:

It's not fixed. This was for Patch 1.0. If you don't mod the game - you don't see the bug. But with Patch 1.2 the bug is very very big. You can clearly see it. 4 seconds difference in Australia. It's a huge problem.

As for my setup, it's the usual one:
I used 9/11 wings but the Virgin is oversteering so you can try 10/11 or even 11/11 wings as the Lotus is understeering.
High pressure/Standard brakes (didn't have any choice) 52/48%
1/11 roll bars
1/1/11/11 suspension
alignment: first two all the way to the left / second two all the way to the right

I haven't made any special setup. I just use the 'default' one (I call this a default setup because 90% of the people use it). :)

Thanx for sharing your setup but it looks like we using the same default setup, the only different is that i make it more oversteer like what you say Lotus is understeering.
By the way have you record your Melbourne or Malaysia qualifying ?? I like to see if your AI lap time is same with mine or also different ..

Thanx for sharing your setup but it looks like we using the same default setup, the only different is that i make it more oversteer like what you say Lotus is understeering.
By the way have you record your Melbourne or Malaysia qualifying ?? I like to see if your AI lap time is same with mine or also different ..

Qualifying is the same. I haven't recorded it but I have a picture from the result. Here you go:

ucWVB.png

Oh and Lazy. Don't apply any out of sight bug fixes that are from ai_driver_config. It ****s up the whole game. ai_handling_config only. You can find my AI mod V1.01 and put only "ai_handling_config" from it. Don't put the whole mod. But if you put the "fix" with ai_driver_config - you'll have AI cars flying off the track every corner. It sucks. :D

Looks like our AI perform almost the same in Melbourne Q, so out of sight didnt affect Q session ?? Ok i'll try the bug fix but which one is the best ?? Where to download your mod & actually i found one in google by RowingAce http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=3465 .. is that good or better use your mod ?? Thanx first for your advise.

Here is my Malaysia Qualifying which i make it into Q3 time 1:31.343 but i didnt do any lap in Q3 to save tyre

Anyway i might redo my career again after install this bug fix .. lets see :)

Looks like our AI perform almost the same in Melbourne Q, so out of sight didnt affect Q session ?? Ok i'll try the bug fix but which one is the best ?? Where to download your mod & actually i found one in google by RowingAce http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=3465 .. is that good or better use your mod ?? Thanx first for your advise.

Here is my Malaysia Qualifying which i make it into Q3 time 1:31.343 but i didnt do any lap in Q3 to save tyre

Anyway i might redo my career again after install this bug fix .. lets see :)

See? My Q2 lap time was 1.31.9. It wasn't better than my Q1 lap time tho. But I suck at qualifyings. I was on Options and still around a second to you. I should try the Lotus tho, it should be a better car.

And no, that's not the fix.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8b7biurxxazdnxg

Download it and use ONLY "ai_handling_config". No other files or the whole AI behavior will change. :)

Err i think i just .5s faster than you, not 1s :D By the way the reason i choose Lotus is because many say that Lotus is the worse car in F1 2011 & I do practice at least say 20 hrs to get those lap time, who know i might get even better time if driving virgin :rolleyes:

About the file you suggest i have this after unrar

Is the "database" & "system" folder still needed or just copy the "ai_handling_config" which is inside "ai" folder to the game ?? And do i need to restart my career after using this or can continue without problem ??

Thanx for your time and your mod :cool:

Err i think i just .5s faster than you, not 1s :D By the way the reason i choose Lotus is because many say that Lotus is the worse car in F1 2011 & I do practice at least say 20 hrs to get those lap time, who know i might get even better time if driving virgin :rolleyes:

About the file you suggest i have this after unrar

Is the "database" & "system" folder still needed or just copy the "ai_handling_config" which is inside "ai" folder to the game ?? And do i need to restart my career after using this or can continue without problem ??

Thanx for your time and your mod :cool:

I don't see the image. Don't know why.

You should copy the system folder too. I forgot about that, sorry. And no, if you don't copy the database you don't need to restart your career.

Then whats that database for ?? I dont mind to restart my career if its important. I think i already using the flow_bin which is inside the system folder because i having problem to save the game before when i adjust the damage sensitivity to make all the cars more fragile.
Thanx again & i going to try it after this :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back