F1 2016 Career Mode Problem

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all,

There seems to be an issue at the moment being discussed on the CM forums about Career Mode. The problem arises as one progresses, whereby each team eventually ends up being right back where they started in terms of performance. This is due to the fact that each team has a set number of upgrades, and once every team has maxed them up, you are right back to where you were in Season 1 Race 1.

Has anybody experienced this and I hope CM figures out a solution. Sort of dampens the impact of R&D.

Well, I am currently on my first season - having not played since f1 2010, I've been using some assists and abusing restarts to get upto speed - specifically with the new tracks. Having done almost one season with easily half the upgrades, knowing they don't reset, I can see the problem. It will be less of an issue when I remove the assists and move to higher difficulties on second playthroughs I do expect there to be less then 10 seasons to actual interesting gameplay especially if you wish to stick with one team.

The idea is I believe, in later seasons you move from one car to another so your RnD story continues.That is the way I assume Codemasters expected us to play. While I don't think Codemasters will be changing anything, the Modding community may well do.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%