F1 2011 Career mode only 5 seasons! This is a joke right?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
My intial reaction to a 5 year career in 2011 SP was shock. Indeed, we won't get a chance to beat Michael Schumachers 7 career wins, & the reality is F1 drivers drive for a decade or more at the edge...Look at Barrichello, he's been driving F1 since 1926 :D. Soon he'll need a bath chair to get in the car. But, what will I do to compensate? Up each individual race length to 70 or 100% instead of 40% in 2010. Keep it on Legend.

I personally love SP & online, but there is something bothering me. I recoded the database bin for reputation points for the 2011 mod, becuase 7 years wasn't enough as we all know. Now if Codies have cut SP down to 5 years, have they balanced the reputation points to open the game up accordingly? See my concern? I will look into the open source code bin if this is the case.

Anyhoos, the main thing about SP Career that bugged me in 2010 & will probably bug me in 2011, is/was that at the end of a 7 or the new, soon to be maximum 5 year career, you were or will be, not so much retired as disappeared. There was/is no hall of fame so to speak, no reference point to past achievements, no chance to reflect after all that thrutching. It's important to a good few SP players, but overall, I think 5 years will be fine if you crank up the difficulties, distance & ergo, learning curve.

Twenty years would be great as an option, but we don't have it. To those who are addicted SP players, have a go online. We have the power to convert you :tongue:

Schumacher has 7 world titles. How are we supposed to beat his record with just 5 seasons???
And what if I wanted to move Hispania, Lotus or Virgin to a top level? How I could move them in just 5 seasons???

--------

What about drivers transfers, do you have any news about that???

It's a known fact that multiplayer-based games get less piracy.
This is why, except for CRPG's, most games today are focused on the multiplayer experience which is harder/impossible to crack (except for the damned Skidrows in Race07 :) ).
Single-player demands a lot of work (AI programming alone is a *****) and is usually cracked within 24 hours with a max of a few weeks.
I understand the trend today to make SP campaigns as "training" or "preview" for MP, and support the idea, although I do love a good SP campaign even in racing games (remember NFS Porsche Unleashed?).

Hi everyone,

Wow, this is a hotly debated topic LOL!!! I waited until a few short weeks ago to actually go out and buy F1 2010 as I was content with the F1 2002 offered for pc. I then started to look around out of curiosity which replacements (if any) is available for the PC platform and stumbled on a review for F1 2010.

I was instantly intrigued by the screenshots and comments. I also took notice of the comments about bugs etc, but since I have been an avid F1 fan for as long as I can remember, I had to go out and buy it.

I can honestly say WOW!!! I have not been sorry about the purchase at all! I have put in many a good hour and run the throught the career mode, doing 20% races. The only thing missing for me has absolutely nothing to do with the authenticity of the game - the sound of a 3 litre V10 engine at 18000rpm LOL!!! Ahhhh........ those were the days eh?

On the topic of the 5 season limit, I have to say that I am a little disapointed with that too - I know a lot of people say that it gets boring etc, but I really would enjoy to have a longer stint with a top team after building a smaller team up first. I find that it is difficult to get enough reputation points to get offered a contract with the top teams in a 7 year period, even if you win the WDC consistently.

Apart from the problems with the corrupt save games etc, it is beyond any doubt the best F1 game I have ever had/played. I will definately be buying the 2011 game when my finances look up LOL!!! I would love to see a longer career mode but as as long as some of the better teams are available from the start, I won't mind too much. Since the Schumacher/Ferrari legacy I have been a massive Ferrari fan and enjoy driving for them!

So great job Codies, it may not be perfect, but it is the best out there and since we have been deprived of a good F1 title for the PC for so long, it could have been buggier than it initially was and I still would have bought and played it.

1. They did patch 2010 to fix the major gamebreaker bugs. Why did they not patch it again? Maybe because they were working on 2011?

2. Because in online it's real time and there will be plenty of possible bugs arise with watching the AI, e.g timing sync, sector times etc.

3. It's not essential for everyone because the minority do 100% races. If your one of the minority, make time for it to complete it.

4. Not everyone understands telemetry. The majority of buyers are casual players who don't necessarily understand everything in F1.

5. Why on earth are statistics necessary?

6. You cannot judge physics by videos, you can only judge them after you've tried the game. Everyone who has had a taste of 2011 has said its infinitly better than in 2010.

7. Now for the list of improvements for single player:
- Safety Car- which is the most requested feature for the new game and they've delivered.
- Better AI- Even by looking at the videos you can see how much better they are.
- More sensitive damage model.- Not revamped as such but you can no longer whack a wall and get away with it. (and before you complain about the damage model being rubbish, it's actually the best in any F1 game so far...)
- Better reputation system, being able to stay with a top team for multiple years for example.
- Weather system- Dynamic clouds, it can rain on one part of the track and not on others.

Those are just the key ones I can remember without looking back to the Codies forums. It just so happens most of those can be put in multiplayer too.
Seriously, I don't see your problem apart from to find something petty to complain about just because you're part of a minority who wanted a certain feature they couldn't implement for this years game.

Oh and I mostly play SP and I for one am delighted with what's in the new game.

Just been reading this thread. Made it this far until I gave up. You just set the bar too low pal.

Why should there be a limit at all ??

Guess it was written into the game design document early on with no real thought to the full implications to such a hinderance, many such things happen like this in the production of the documents.

There shouldn't be a limit since your favorite game just never annoys you. I played pro evolution soccer 5 for an entire age into the next century... haha seriously all footballmatches until over the year 2100...including classic players and stuff. Everybody retires aroiund 40 but is introduced next season all over again as a 16/17 yr old player thast can be made bigger thmn ever all over again.

By the way Romario is my ultimate goalthief and the player of the game...

So codemasters ..when u believe in this game allow me to become f1 2100 champion ;)

5 years is good enough for me...maybe for you guys doing 3lap races or 20% but try dedicating an hour to each race+long race weekend and it will keep you occupied.
When im done my 5year career at 50% im going to move up until im doing 100%, so I will have 3 15 year careers. Whats the big deal anyway? after year 5 you would just be owning everyone with a maxxed out upgraded car, might as well start over and try new possibilities.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 156 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%