F1 2011 Career mode only 5 seasons! This is a joke right?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
It's not when all you do is complain about usually the smallest of things, both on here and on the Codemasters forums. There's good valid reasons why they've made decisions like they have, and how is single player being left in the dark exactly? Half the new features are used in both modes anyway for crying out loud...All this crying for the sake of 2 seasons, get a grip really.

Ah okay, so "SHUT UP" in all CAPS is par for the course, but I get picked out for swearing? I guess Andrew must have an anger management problem then.

It's not when all you do is complain about usually the smallest of things, both on here and on the Codemasters forums. There's good valid reasons why they've made decisions like they have, and how is single player being left in the dark exactly? Half the new features are used in both modes anyway for crying out loud...All this crying for the sake of 2 seasons, get a grip really.

There's good reasons they made decisions like that? Yeah, just like they had good reasons to not patch the last game I guess. There's always a good reason for everything Codemasters does, and that reason is making the most money with the least effort. There has been so much hype leading up to this game release and all they are doing now is to cut promised features or features already in place.

Please show me: Which improvements exactly have been made just for SP? Why is it only possible to watch other cars in online mode, for example? Where is the save functionality for 100% races? Where are the statistics for each P, Q and race session during a career? Where is the telemetry? That's the stuff the SP would need. Not just some updates liveries and a bunch more interviews off track.

All they are doing this year is to add a supposedly better driving model - which remains to be seen - and pimping the online mode. Sorry if the truth hurts your ears but this is totally weak for a 50EUR "DLC pack."

And if it seems like I "complain too much" I guess that is needed to counter the endless heap of hype and praise they are already getting so that people new to the series will get a more even picture of what Codemasters really is and does.

HelmutS i agree with your honesty about how you feel with F1 2011. They have wanted gamers to join more online but again not everyone plays games online as i've reiterated earlier in this forum. They should of maybe not had the safety car included, along with all the parc ferme captionshots & the unnecessary media interviews together with all the effort made towards online play as career mode & multiplayer is just as important on single player & should of been worked on as much as the online stuff but credit to them that the driver penalties, pitlane & handling is suppose to be alot more improved than last game just i suppose you can't please everyone & i'm one of the people who isn't satisfied with certain decisions they have made with the game.

Ah okay, so "SHUT UP" in all CAPS is par for the course, but I get picked out for swearing? I guess Andrew must have an anger management problem then.
Yeah I actually do and don't bring that up when it isn't needed. Would you be very happy if I said you were a 12 year old, trash-talking cod basher who can't go from his Xbox/PS3/PC. I don't think so. In fact I think you might be annoyed by that. And from the previous comments it would seem YOU have anger problems so you can't really say that I have anger problems when you seem to have more of an anger problem to me.

There's good reasons they made decisions like that? Yeah, just like they had good reasons to not patch the last game I guess. There's always a good reason for everything Codemasters does, and that reason is making the most money with the least effort. There has been so much hype leading up to this game release and all they are doing now is to cut promised features or features already in place.

Please show me: Which improvements exactly have been made just for SP? Why is it only possible to watch other cars in online mode, for example? Where is the save functionality for 100% races? Where are the statistics for each P, Q and race session during a career? Where is the telemetry? That's the stuff the SP would need. Not just some updates liveries and a bunch more interviews off track.

All they are doing this year is to add a supposedly better driving model - which remains to be seen - and pimping the online mode. Sorry if the truth hurts your ears but this is totally weak for a 50EUR "DLC pack."

And if it seems like I "complain too much" I guess that is needed to counter the endless heap of hype and praise they are already getting so that people new to the series will get a more even picture of what Codemasters really is and does.

1. They did patch 2010 to fix the major gamebreaker bugs. Why did they not patch it again? Maybe because they were working on 2011?

2. Because in online it's real time and there will be plenty of possible bugs arise with watching the AI, e.g timing sync, sector times etc.

3. It's not essential for everyone because the minority do 100% races. If your one of the minority, make time for it to complete it.

4. Not everyone understands telemetry. The majority of buyers are casual players who don't necessarily understand everything in F1.

5. Why on earth are statistics necessary?

6. You cannot judge physics by videos, you can only judge them after you've tried the game. Everyone who has had a taste of 2011 has said its infinitly better than in 2010.

7. Now for the list of improvements for single player:
- Safety Car- which is the most requested feature for the new game and they've delivered.
- Better AI- Even by looking at the videos you can see how much better they are.
- More sensitive damage model.- Not revamped as such but you can no longer whack a wall and get away with it. (and before you complain about the damage model being rubbish, it's actually the best in any F1 game so far...)
- Better reputation system, being able to stay with a top team for multiple years for example.
- Weather system- Dynamic clouds, it can rain on one part of the track and not on others.

Those are just the key ones I can remember without looking back to the Codies forums. It just so happens most of those can be put in multiplayer too.
Seriously, I don't see your problem apart from to find something petty to complain about just because you're part of a minority who wanted a certain feature they couldn't implement for this years game.

Oh and I mostly play SP and I for one am delighted with what's in the new game.

Helmut no one is picking on you but you were the one who started swearing, Andrew needed to calm down too thats why i said if you cant get on take it to PM.

Thats all i want to see on the subject please now just move on.

As far as Codies go with their inability to sort out issues Helmut is correct, lets face it they have not exactly set the world alight with their wonderful bug testing and sorting out of any that got through. That said the game is good (F1 2010) and i expect 2011 to be better. They will of course have bugs in it because with such an amount of different pcs out there its not going to run smooth for all out of the box.

Codies have never and i mean never been known for their support of games once released i can go back to the begining when they did a £1.99 range for the Speccy and things were bug laiden then. There is no doubting however they make some great games.

Having met alot of the team at codies HQ i can say they are a good bunch of guys but like all business these days need to look forward very soon after rlease for the next money maker. This is how it is now across almost all platforms and i dont expect with the ecconomy as it is for that to change in the near future.

All i can say is if you dont want to take the chance then dont but try not to breed negativity everywhere becuaase there are a vast number of people looking forward to this release and no matter what they will get something out of it. Personaly i may or may not buy it i dont know yet as i will wait to see what the general public thinks once they play it.

Now lets all keep it on the level and try not to get too hot headed please

Thanks for the sensible reply Wynterdust.<br><br>My answers here:<br><br>1. F1 2010 was never properly patched to run without gamebreaking errors on PC. I'm not sure what patch or what version you are playing.<br><br>2. Okay, online needs a lot of testing, that by itself does not make online more important a feature.<br><br>3. A savegame would also be nice for 50% races or even less. It's not something useful just for 100%<br><br>4. SBK titles by Milestone have telemetry, and that's for the "unwashed console masses". The interface is so easy to grasp a ten-year old with racing interest could understand it. But despite being simple the ability to compare two laps really helps to find out where you are losing time, and it's a tool that simple is essential for proper F1 race weekend.<br><br>5. Sorry but are you really asking that question? Everything in motorsport is about statistics. Sector Times, possible best lap time as result of best times for each sector. Lap times from the P1 session to see if you are improving in P2 and by how much. Statistics from the past few races to see how each driver did. in the middle of a season I want to know who won the first race of the season, and by how much. Every motorsport TV report, every newspaper article about a race weekend centers on statistics and timings. F1 2010 has ZERO, the only thing it does is count points after a race. If you continue a GP Season (sand not career season) you can't even see the current competition and placement during P and Q, you only see WDC points after each race.<br><br>6. We'll see about physics.<br><br>7. Pretty tiny evolution you list here instead of major improvements. Not worth a full price for a new game.<br><br>
1. They did patch 2010 to fix the major gamebreaker bugs. Why did they not patch it again? Maybe because they were working on 2011?<br><br>
&nbsp;2. Because in online it's real time and there will be plenty of possible bugs arise with watching the AI, e.g timing sync, sector times etc.<br>
<br>
3. It's not essential for everyone because the minority do 100% races. If your one of the minority, make time for it to complete it.<br>
<br>
4. Not everyone understands telemetry. The majority of buyers are casual players who don't necessarily understand everything in F1.<br>
<br>
5. Why on earth are statistics necessary?<br>
<br>
6. You cannot judge physics by videos, you can only judge them after you've tried the game. Everyone who has had a taste of 2011 has said its infinitly better than in 2010.<br>
<br>
7. Now for the list of improvements for single player:<br>
- Safety Car- which is the most requested feature for the new game and they've delivered.<br>
- Better AI- Even by looking at the videos you can see how much better they are. <br>
- More sensitive damage model.- Not revamped as such but you can no longer whack a wall and get away with it. (and before you complain about the damage model being rubbish, it's actually the best in any F1 game so far...)<br>
- Better reputation system, being able to stay with a top team for multiple years for example.<br>
- Weather system- Dynamic clouds, it can rain on one part of the track and not on others.<br>
<br>
Those are just the key ones I can remember without looking back to the Codies forums. It just so happens most of those can be put in multiplayer too. <br>
Seriously, I don't see your problem apart from to find something petty to complain about just because you're part of a minority who wanted a certain feature they couldn't implement for this years game. <br>
<br>
Oh and I mostly play SP and I for one am delighted with what's in the new game.

Opps, something messed up the post above.

Nick, Codies back in the day had some awesome product support. Operation Flashpoint for example. Free vehicles and weapons long after release. I'm also sure the team today is top notch and motivated. But they are managed by Bean Counters, like with any big publisher these days.

Yeah Op flash was good mate, thing is for me it went down big time with Grid it showed me at that time they had no other thing in mind than to push out a new product fast. Its a shame cause codies were incredible once upon a time. Like i said all companies these days need to keep production going and mistakes get ironed out in the following release. Its just something we will have to get used to i think, it certainly seems to be a codemasters model now.

i still think however this is gonna be a mega release and worth the cash, time will tell of course

to be honest 5 seasons might just be enough because it takes a lot of playing to complete the 7 seasons but i do agree that it is not enough time to get into a good team like on the ps2 i won my first championship in my 5 season on f1 2004 and on f1 2006 i did 3 seasons out of 5 and did not win a championship but the problem with those games was that u where test driver for a lot of them. in f1 2010 i am on my 5th season with 3 world championships to my name but if they improved the AI like in f1 2006 and f1 2004 then i feel it will be hard to break through the field if you play the game at the top level

T4RG4 has said that the limitation of the 5 year career was due to the inclusion of 16 live player online sessions because of the increased testing time of the additional multiplayer seats. Every year of a career has to be fully tested. You could have a bug that only happens in year 14 of a career and things like that have to be debugged and reproduced. This all requires testing time. 16 players online requires 16 live testers so those are testers that aren't available to test career. Somebody earlier in the thread said that it wasn't a resource limitation and was obviously a design decision. It's exactly the opposite.

http://twitter.com/#!/T4RG4/status/95868319013421057
That guy will say anything. Besides, everybody knows they don't fix their games by now, so they might as well just put the option to race the number of seasons that you want and just advise to avoid certain game settings when a problem is discovered, just like last year's game.

I am just going to reserve judgement until I have the game in my Xbox and have had a chance to test it out for a while. However, I will be very disappointed if there is not an improvement in data and the replay system. Telemetry is vital in F1 so was a glaring omission from 2010 and would be even more so from 2011.

Its going to be interesting.
I have 3 races to go in season 5/7. Started in April with the game.
The Lotus is flying but I must admit I have only used fuel sim a couple of times this season for the first time (vs AI I mean I use it in Multiplayer of course).
I drive 50% races and its been a lot of racing in 4 months or so.
If I have a whoile year to do a 5 year career I think I may go to 75% distance.
Remembering that I will be doing a co op career mode and multiplayer races its (5 year) going to be enough for me I feel.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back