F1 2011 Career mode only 5 seasons! This is a joke right?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
It is true but why does it matter? As far as I know F1:CE had 5 as well, and 2005 and 06 on ps2. Five is ample enough considering the work they have to do to make sure team performance changes for each of those seasons. Lets put it this way, I'd much rather lose 2 seasons of career if it means there's improvements in those 5 seasons over last year.

Only 5 seasons

Thanks for your comment mate. It should have at least 10. It's just not realistic. Button has had a ten or eleven year career building himself up. U cant even try and beat Schumachers record of seven titles. It they took away the rubbish like time attack and arcade racing then they probably could have at least ten seasons. They seem to be concentrating on the on-line stuff which seems pointless as I've heard ur racing against ghost cars so u cant even have crashes! I might be wrong on that point though.

What gives you the impression that removing implemented and completed features or game modes has any effect on the maximum number of seasons in the career mode? 5 seasons is obviously a design decision, not a feature that is being cut due to technical limitations or a shortage of resources.

They seem to be concentrating on the on-line stuff which seems pointless as I've heard ur racing against ghost cars so u cant even have crashes! I might be wrong on that point though.
You are. You are absolutely, unequivocally, wrong. The online racing is the best part of the game. I've been playing this game almost every week since it's been out, and am only now finishing my third season because I race in a good online league (and will hopefully join one of the leagues on here too for 2011) so most of my time is teken up with practising for the league races. And trust me, you're not racing ghosts of everyone else; crashes can and do happen.

You are. You are absolutely, unequivocally, wrong. The online racing is the best part of the game. I've been playing this game almost every week since it's been out, and am only now finishing my third season because I race in a good online league (and will hopefully join one of the leagues on here too for 2011) so most of my time is teken up with practising for the league races. And trust me, you're not racing ghosts of everyone else; crashes can and do happen.
Agreed, the online racing is at least twice as good as career (and I like career). Competitive, unpredictable and you make on line buddies too.
I got the game in April. I spend 2/3 of my time practicing for and doing multiplayer anf fit career in around that.
I have just completed season 3 (all in Lotus). I'll do a 4th in Lotus then maybe do 2 in a mid field team-Williams/Sauber unless the Lotus is a beast by then then a final year beting my team mate Vettel in the RedBull.

F1 Career Mode Improvement Needed

I agree with Marc that Codemasters have put certain not needed things in F1 games that take up memory & could be used in increasing career length. Having 5 years isn't enough time to move up the grid to better teams and should be longer at least have a minimal 7 seasons like F1 2010 but disappointed that it's not even 10 & not an improvement on last game. Another thing i feel is a great feature is the press and media but feel that if it was all not included in the game together with Time Attack, Quick Race & even Single Race then the storage space on the game could be used to focus on a career more. Feel Career, championship mode, 2 player co-op championship multiplayer splitscreen & perhaps (maybe) online play should stay but get rid of all the other things which aren't as important. I feel that they should of had a podium after each race which is a must for F1 fans even F1 games on the PS2 did that! Safety car isn't a must really but would be nice but isn't as important as other things needed. I would personally like to see a short version of the winning driver and constructor national anthems played when you get on the podium & a graphic with names & flags a long the bottom. Now wouldn't that be something!

It took Jenson Button to win his title in 9 years due to not being in an competitive car throughout his career. So expecting to be able to get to the top in 5 years from a back of the grid team isn't really enough time to enjoy the career mode.

i have 3 races left to complete my 7th season on f1 2010 but tbh im quite happy if cutting the career mode by 2 seasons makes it a more enjoyable game overall!

I just hope that the contract system has been tweaked!! I mean my favourite team is McLaren so i bet my rival and got a seat with them, won both championships and i get dropped at end of the season and personally i reckon if the career works perfect it means wil be tempted to try multiple careers trying to be competitive in different teams (eg: 1 career traditional route, backmarker, midfield, top team and another developing a backmarker/midfield team) and it should be more realistic a team signing you based on results rather than beating rivals!!!

You can't get rid of the single race Grand Prix mode, thats the main one I use to practice for my online races. My own personal feeling is that 5 years is too short to fully experience the progression through from beginner to the top but having said that I have still not even finished the first year of my career in F1 2010 due to getting immersed in online racing.

Yes that is what i'm saying as podiums in my opinion are more important then the online play as it is more important to have it for F1 fans that gives that sense of achievement when you make the top 3 at the end of a race but as i can see many think that online play is better than anything else! Older games managed it years before without online gaming and not every1 plays computer games online.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%