• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Career mode mod ?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Steve Gordon, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Steve Gordon

Steve Gordon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi new to AC on PC my question is, is there a mod for the game where you can play any of career series withoUtd having the start at first tier? For example I want to start in gt3 cars.
    Thanks

2. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,243
    The recent patch enabled championship mode, where you can set up a custom championship using whatever cars and tracks you like. You can find it under Drive => Race => Championship.

3. Steve Gordon

Steve Gordon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1

4. Steve Gordon

Steve Gordon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks I did see that option, just wondered if like PCars you could start a career, with your choice of racing class. thanks again for your reply.

5. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +2,243
    The career mode in AC is a bit "meh", to be honest. It's not like the F1 games or anything, where you run though seasons in a team, etc. I haven't bothered to try and go as far as the GTs, but it's probably not a full season or anything. It's just a few races with some points targets to get a gold, silver or bronze award at the end and unlock the next stage. Personally, I would have called it "Arcade Mode" instead. ;)

I think the closest thing we have to an actual career mode is the new championship mode. Maybe it'll get fleshed out a bit more in the future.

6. Steve Gordon

Steve Gordon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for your answer, will stick to championship mode. I did notice a gt3 mod in the downloads may check that out and build up my speed before joining online games..

7. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +2,243
    Haha, you don't need to be fast to race online! You can hang at the back with me! ;)