Career and teams question

Hi guys. Like the game a lot so far. Just started career and I'm doing Cup Stage A challenge. But I'm stuck on "Drift Kings". The only car teams it says I'm eligible for right now are the Alpha Romero GTA and the Lotus Cortina cars. These cars are extremely difficult to drive and I'm struggling coming in anything but last even on amateur.

I was wondering is there a way to buy cars with the money I earn and add them to the teams roster? Are there faster cars I can add or am I stuck with the Alpha Romero and Lotus Cortina? If I can't add any new cars, are any good setups for either of these? The AI is kicking my ass on the straights even on amateur.:frown: :crying:I can only imagine what it's like on pro
:jaw:

Hi guys. Well I finally completed the all the Cup Challenges :)

All Golds except for Cup Stage E: At first I didn't feel like going through the torture of racing through 15, 20 & 60 laps of agony in Amateur, but I have to admit in hindsight I definitely could have them with maybe the exception of the night races. The difference between Novice and Amateur is TREMENDOUS. Amateur gives you a good challenge and sometimes a seemingly impossible one(Cup Stage D: David and Goliath at Imola & Spa), while novice is pretty much a joke and a slap in the face(I lapped the 1st place driver 4 times in the endurance race :rofl: )

Dave, you have to admit though...it is literally....and I mean L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y *impossible* to beat any of the Cup Challenges on Professional! I tried the David and Goliath race in Cup Stage D at Imola, and had to actually pause the game in complete bewilderment at how fast and flawless the AI are.

I would like to know if anyone knows ANYONE that has completed the GTL Cup Challenges in Professional with no driving aids? I'd sure like to shake that person's hand :)

Last question..... my percentage completion is currently at around 62%. What exactly do you have to do to get 100%? Is it because I completed Cup Stage E with all Silvers instead of Gold?
i think it's about time you will join the online races. after you join i think you will shake more than one person hand :laugh2:

Hello all

Sorry to thread hijack (first post other than my introduction one). I have been playing GTR Evo for about six months, however, i had been playing using the driving aids until i found this site. I am now an "all aids off" driver and have managed to pick up a copy of GTL for a steal. I immediately installed the game, set my level as professional and started the cup challenges. WOW! this game is tricky, i managed to qualify 2nd and win the first Mini race at Mondello then qualify 4th and finish 3rd at Anderstorp.

I am now onto the drift king challenge in the Cortina. I am managing to post mid 51s qualifying times but the AI is in the mid 50's. I noticed that in the first two Mini races that the AI seem to qualify stronger than they race so my question is this, is it worth practising and practising to try and beat the AI qualifying times (i presume thay are beatable) or am i better off starting from mid pack and then trying to out race them ?

P.S i do plan on joining the racing club in time and doing a few online races so this is my pre flight training!

Thanks for any help

From my expierence the qualifying lap times of the AI are 2-3 seconds faster than their race lap times. So I think it is not a big problem to start from the middle of the grid.
I also played with all aids off but only against the 95% AI.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%