1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Career and Co-op reports

Discussion in 'X360 | F1 Championship' started by Karl Fuss, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

Use this thread to update us on your Career and Co-op progress.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Restarted Career this evening back in the Marussia, Legend AI, 100%.

Made it by the skin of my teeth into Q2 on options. Started p16. Was well on my way toward a possible top 6/7 finish until I gotta drive thru for not allowing Vettel past soon enough:laugh:.

Managed to hold on for p10 at the end:confused:. Aussie race highlights to follow….

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. China: Pole + Ridiculous amounts of tyre wear = 15th :cautious::mad:

• Like Like x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Started my carrer with the Catheram. Decided for PRO which is ok to begin for me not causing any stress, just wanted something i could cope with in order to learn the game and the tracks with cockpit view which i only did in brasil and season finale in spa. Also i decided for 25% becasue i would like to go through the first season relatively quick to discover track and car behaviour. Will change difficulty level at the end of the season or if i am offered something during the season meaning a higher tier car.

So far 3 races

Australia made it to Q3 eneded in the points 9th

Malaysia made it to Q3 ended in ther points 8th

China Catheram seems to perform bad here either i messed up completely with set up lot of efforts but did not made it to Q2 and ended P20 :confused: making wrong calls for inter andwet tyres in the race. Despite that i honestly would not have bene able to match a pace for the points even on a dry truck. Just for the record i quite fast in TT so i think is becasue the car lacking in performance (which is realistic an i like !)

Most important thing i am having loads of fun! best game of the F1 series, not perfect but immersive feedback with wheel as well and lovely counter steer. Needs more control on the throtle as well just can't go falt out. Scenarios, Racenet, TT, classics, i am trying a bit of everything like i never did in the previous games... bring on the start of the season !!! ( as soon as we have the game deployed in the Americas as well of course :rolleyes: !)

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Career Mode. 100%. Legend AI. Melbourne in the Marussia.

Q 16
    R 10

Cocked up by getting a drive thru for ignoring blue flags, but managed to fight it out for p10 and a hard fought point:confused:

Should be up in an hour or so...

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. @Chris Benham I do not know how you are so good, even in a Marussia, I think on Legend I might be able to come top of the back 4, but even that could be a struggle. On Expert, in Lotus is how my season has started, 10th in Practice, Qualified 8th I believe, I will give race report on Saturday once I start my season fully!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  7. :alien: that's why

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hoping to get my career season off the ground this weekend. Been a busy spell since getting the game last week and the last couple of nights just been too knaclered to do anything other than mess about in the YDT (which is actually quite fun in all honesty lol) and my planned early morning sessions have been a no-go :sleep:.

Going with the Lotus and 100% races probably against Expert AI.. Legend is just to much for me at the moment, Expert will probably be pretty tough but should be fun :).

Great to read everyone's progress though... gets the juices flowing for your own attempts.

9. I wish I could experience being an Alien for a day, preferably a Chris Benham alien, but I'd settle for one from the Quadrilogy just to go hunting...

Hopefully get some good stories from mine and Mitch's co-op season too...just out of curiosity Mitch are we going Lotus, 100%, Expert too?

Just out of curiosity too, what setups did people go with for Melbourne as I'm not sure just how good mine is! So might restart as I haven't raced yet to test some others!

10. started again, and now with sauber, racing 100% with legend ai,
    made q2 but no better n quailed 16th. really good start as you expect in f1 games up to 8th, lap 5 vettel retires that brings out the safety car, this made me happy that i could actually keep the tyres to lap 9, but after that it went down hill my primes just could last the 20 laps i was asking from them, constantly falling back after 10 laps into my stints, finished p13. my team mate was Nico was running as high as p3 after the safety car, but he got involved in some scrap and lost his front wing

• Like Like x 4
  11. Can do 100% if you want not fussed :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sounds perfect!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Maciej Cieslak

Maciej Cieslak
    Roberto Forza !!!

Chris you are bloody fast and consistant. Were is the secret? 1/1 wing doesn't work any more in yhe race peace.
    I cant find the limits on the wheel. This season will be very interesting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley
    Meta-SIM-morphosing

@Chris Benham how close was that finish, great drive under pressure for a long time lol. What FS did you go for and did you suffer when going to lean when fuel was low? That was 3 stopper yes O,P,P? penalty was harsh seems you need to make way before the blue flag flashes 3 times, then get a penalty straight away. Vettel did seem pretty far back. Holding Maldo off exiting the pits with KERS was vital, cause once they pass you on legend there gone wrooom!:)

• Like Like x 1
  15. The blue flags are still a pain at times, they come out way too early and if you have a few cars close it seems to confuse matters. If you don't jump out of the way damn quick in those situations you can be in trouble.. trust me I'm an expert on blue flags lol

• Like Like x 2
  16. Career goes on ...

After a bad China GP we mve to barhain hoping for the best ... as a result i ended 22 in quali and my team mate 1 tenth faster just after i took his position a lap earlier ... :O_o:
    Caterham in this track is very weak as it was in china. Luckily in the race despite struggling a lot with the helpp of some of the AIs spinning either crashin or lossing time fighting i manage to end in 16th position making my target whihc was 18th .... in front of my team mate :D

11th in the leaderboard and flying over to Spain

Just started free practice but looks promising as it seems that Caterham is bloody fast here... after 15 minutes free practice i am 6th with 1 sec to gain already and my teame mate almost 3 seconds behind looks that some juicy points can fall from the tree straight to my basket here, fingers crossed :)

• Like Like x 4
  17. Fuel was normal Gav. Didn't want to go cautious - car is really bad with any fuel in it, didn't fancy adding any more:confused: and aggressive I'm sure wasn't the way to go. No way able to defend on main straight otherwise.

Strategy was OP,OP,PR,PR. 2 stopper is possible and could be better, I dunno but I didn't wanna be crawling around saving tyres for portions of the race.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    • Beer Beer x 2
  18. Lotus season is underway for me and Mitch!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Has anyone started a co-op career, the most bizarre thing has happened in practice on mine and Mitch's.

Button and Alonso had a collision on their opening lap, it does look like either of them had major damage other than Alonso losing his front wing, but both stayed out for about 5 odd laps just crawling around and I mean crawling, averaging 1 minute per sector. this has already buggered my quali as I flew round and knocked into one not expecting the two cars to practically be glued together and got a 10 grid place penalty. Thing is, I've never ever seen this happen before. Thankfully they've both pitted and fingers crossed I can do something in qualifying to fix it haha!

20. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley
    Meta-SIM-morphosing

In situation like that James when you pick up stupid penalties,you and your co-op partner should quit session and start fresh. Only when it's either practice or qualy not in race though.

• Agree Agree x 2