• Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car tiers/team mate performance

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by dda, Dec 27, 2011.

1. dda

dda

I read that the car strength is done in a tier system, teams 1-3, teams 4-6, teams 7-9 etc.

Playing career mode on lotus, got 70 points (all mine) first season - was expecting the car to be better this season. It isnt. For some reason there are never any R&D objectives on practice anymore either so cant improve it that way.

Also still the teams number 2 driver despite beating trulli in every race last season apart from one I crashed out in

The only thing thats actually changed is that trulli is now magically 10 times better than he was last season whilst I cant even do as well as I did with the shitty first year lotus all of a sudden.

Whats going on? Feel like smashing my xbox. Getting tempted to restart and play 3 lap races on easy until I get a drive with a good team, but I really wanted to do it properly.

2. the number 2 driver thing maybe (just a guess:p ) because of your answers to the press?

3. A couple reports over at CM suggest that the teammate's car goes up a tier and/or gets KERS while yours does not. It only seems to happen with backmarker teams (HRT/Virgin/Lotus). They end up seconds faster than you a lap.

4. Well, i'll tell you about my last two seasons with Mercedes in this game. No any aids, moving cockpitcam, 50% races, dynamic weather, AI on proffesional, SC on... KRES and DRS worked proper. First i was a champion, Michael had a half points of mine, but we had a constructors title too. Ross equalls us. Second season Michael was unnormal fast, but only he, we had so many double victories, but i finished about 20 secs later allmost ever... I had only three wins - Monaco, Barcelona and Canada and had 12 podiums, but "unnormal" teammate Michael got the title with about 100 points more... We got the constructors title again. It was just like a bug, becouse the other cars were just like in the first season... Dont know what to expect in my thyrd season in Mercedes...

P.S. I dont use a mods, in my game have only RDD tyres inprooved graining visual and a custom livery for me - helmet and gloves...
    http://clubs1.bg/forums/uploads/1323035897/gallery_13362_367_86476.jpg