1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Misc CAR TAGS (Power to Weight) & (A0 - A15) 1.3

Car tags for all Kunos cars (1.9) (Sort by Power to Weight Ratio)

1. Phoenix77 submitted a new resource:

CAR TAGS (A1 - A15) - Replaces the UI car tags (.json files) for all Kunos cars

Read more about this resource...

2. Cheesenium

Cheesenium
    Premium Member

Hi Phoenix77, may I know how do you calculate the PWR and the categorise the A tags? I like to add other mod cars to your tags.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi Cheesenium... The PWR is simply Weight (KG) ÷ Power (BHP)

The A categories are a bit hit and miss... I have always kept my version of the Kunos A tags... until they dropped them, So I'm not sure how they categorised them... for newer cars I basically start with a very basic calculation of...

100bhp-ish at around 1000kg = A1,
    200bhp-ish at around 1000kg = A2

etc... Trying to take weight into consideration for example...
    if a car has 200bhp car but weighs 1600kg I would say that would probably be knocked down to an A1 tag...

If a car has 200bhp and weighs, say 750 - 800kg then that might get knocked up to an A3 tag...

Afterwards I would use a car from Kunos (PRE v1.5) around the time when I think they dropped them.. and run a race with them for 5 - 10 laps and see if any of the cars I've added A tags too can compete. (or get left behind)

I can kind of see why Kunos dropped this tagging system... But I personally think they were better than the "small sportscar" tags etc.

Power to Weight ratio works far better the straighter (or higher speed) a track is... When a cirucuit gets twistier... The drivetrain, chassis, downforce and tyres can make a big difference to competitiveness.

I hope this is of some help, great idea if you're adding these tags to mod cars :) It's a real shame there hasn't been some standardisation on tags between Kunos & modders.

A few other things...

#A15 cars are drift cars...
    #A7 is around the Hypercar area of performance...

as a rough guide #A5 is around about the PWR 3.0 area...

oh and one final thing...

I don't round up any PWR tags... So if a car has a PWR of 2.92 it gets put in the PWR 2.5 category.... In 0.5 increments :)

Hope this helps you mate?

4. mister dog

mister dog
    Premium Member

Thanks for this, very useful indeed as the normal tags serve more just to find a particular car. Not so much grouping them worthy of a race.