1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

car sounds?

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by hengood, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Hi everyone! I don't know if this has been asked, and never really got the time to browse the forum for an answer, but basicly, could we change the car sounds? F1 2011 -> F1 2012, or the other way around. I really like playing -11 while waiting that new skins and mods arrive on -12. but i find myself not playing at all because i like the -12 sound much better :)

2. It is said that making mods for f1 2011 with files of 2012 is not allowed.

3. ... but you can do it yourself. ;) For example in the both games there is a folder audio, in it you can see subfolder bundles. This subfolder is how cars sounds inthere... So... give you example to understand me. Go to the 2011 audio/bundles folder, take mclaren.bdl file, rename it to mclaren_12.bdl and replace the file in 2012'th audio/bundles original file. Now will have your 2012'th mclaren to sounds like 2011'th mclaren. The other way - take mclaren_12.bdl from 2012'th game, rename it to mclaren.bdl and replace the file in 2011 game, now 2011 mclaren will sounds like 2012 car. ;) Enjoy and good luck. :)