1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Car.shd Help anyone?

Discussion in 'Racer' started by aadilf1, Dec 14, 2011.

1. aadilf1

aadilf1

Ratings:
    +164
    I would like to remove the shininess away from the wheels off cars when i convert from GTA SA but i just don't know how to do it?

Can someone help me. also picture tutorial would be great!

2. Raphael Buthmann

Raphael Buthmann

Ratings:
    +273
    Hm , Can you show a picture ?

3. Stereo

Stereo

Ratings:
    +1,370
    If you use vf_standard in car.shd instead of vf_reflect, you don't get reflections. Might also try specular=0 0 0 if necessary to get rid of more shininess.

4. aadilf1

aadilf1

Ratings:
    +164
    just take a look at that rolls royce :p im sorry but i didnt understand that (the one about the rolls royce)

stereo il try yours

5. aadilf1

aadilf1

Ratings:
    +164
    MAJOR EDIT: I just had to rename the shd tga to the tga of my converted car for example my car

EVEN BIGGER EDIT: I changed the name and it still is shiny also i change the specular thing to 0 0 0 0 and still shiny

6. DavidI

DavidI

Ratings:
    +54
    do the material names in the dofs (check with racer modeler.exe) match the shader names?

7. ammods

ammods

Ratings:
    +5
    just a question, i cant get my window to be transparent..suggestions??

8. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

Ratings:
    +286
    Hello, i'm sorry to ask, but is it realy a problem to take a look, for the first basic steps, in a existing car? The lambo for example....
    It's not hard to find the glass texture and the shader part for it...there you see how it works...realy^^

9. aadilf1

aadilf1

Ratings:
    +164
    lol ammods, Boomer has an excellent tutorial is in the downloads section, go check it out

10. ammods

ammods

Ratings:
    +5
    i would but it's not there, got a direct link??

11. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

Ratings:
    +286
  12. ammods

ammods

Ratings:
    +5
    yeah but the tutorial from boomer isnt there...thats my point..think you should learn to read a bit better perhaps...

13. boomer541

boomer541

Ratings:
    +164
    Ammonds,
    My "Build a car in Blender" Tutorial IS in the link posted by Alex. Please clean your glasses.

There isn't a lot of info about shaders in it but it might help.

14. aadilf1

aadilf1

Ratings:
    +164
    ammods that is quite offensive, keep this forum clear of any pathways to flame or rage

Thank You

Also its called 'Build a car in Blender'

15. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

Ratings:
    +286
    .....[​IMG]

16. ammods

ammods

Ratings:
    +5
    ok whatever...i wasnt "having a go" i dont things like that...and fyi boomer i dont need glasses lol, the only glass i like to look at is the bottom of a beer glass LOL,..as for your tutorial..that was what i was looking for...obviously a communication breakdown...all the best everyone

17. boomer541

boomer541

Ratings:
    +164
    Ok you are forgiven. My tut doesn't have any cg shaders info in it, only the old shaders. To find shaders get a good car like Tibs Jaguar, one that has cg shaders and use them as a guide for your work.

18. ammods

ammods

Ratings:
    +5
    i've tried, to copy over the data from another shader, and it makes the car look dark, and i still cant work out the glass alpha channels, given up on it for now

19. boomer541

boomer541

Ratings:
    +164
    The glass alpha channels indicate that the glass image is a .tga image with an alpha channel (mask). copy a glass image from another car.

20. ammods

ammods

Ratings:
    +5
    nah not possible, because my car is a "race" version and anything else would be a waste of time...