• "Bwoah." - Generic Kimi Quotes.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Car shadows on terrain at a lower level

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by ThreeDays, Sep 22, 2010.

1. ThreeDays

ThreeDays

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, everyone,

I recently finished a track that runs along the side of a steep mountain, so it features fairly sharp elevation changes. I have found that I sometimes see the shadows of the cars that are running along a section of track that is higher up, as if the road and terrain were transparent.

It's not really a performance problem at all, but it is slightly annoying and certainly not very realistic. Does anybody have any idea how to correct this? I have tried moving the sun so that the shadows shouldn't fall on other bits of road, but I still get this problem.

Cheers.

2. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Ratings:
    +13
    your sections of track/scenery in the SCN file, are they set as shadow receivers?

3. ThreeDays

ThreeDays

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, I changed the "receive shadows" setting in the textures that received the shadows and I think it worked. I'll run another experiment as soon as I have a minute, but I think it did work.

THANKS A LOT!!!!