F1 2013 Car Setups - Different perspective

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I've been trying different setups from different posters and of course everyone has his own preferences and all... However, I would like to develop my own setups and can't get basic knowlodge from the in-game explanations in each section neither from the setups I find in the net.

Could you identify, in your opinion, the main parameters/more influencial to change (eg front wing, rear wing, balance, suspension and alignment) in 3 different situations:

1. Fast tracks
2. Mixed tracks
3. Technical/slow tracks

I see people using, for example in aerodynamics, a front wing-rear wing 2-1 in Melbourne and others advising 7-7. That's quite different, right?

I know that we have to try and adjust to our style, but just wondering your opinion about the main parameters to change in those 3 main different track types.

Thanks and step-on-it !

Brakes, Suspension and Gearbox

From my pov there are only Monaco & Singapor as "slow Tracks", and all the others.
I always used 3/1 or 2/1 wings and a stiff overall Setup. Just used to soften rear springs from time to time for better traction out of very slow turns on some tracks (i.e. Austin, AbuDhabi, Hungary)
On these two "slow Tracks" i used nearly max. downforce and little softer overall setup for better traction as well.
Brakebias & -pressure is very important! You should always be able to brake as hard & late as possible, no matter how much fuel or how old your tires are.
Balance and Suspension as above. Always little stiffer and just some small adjustments depending on front wing setup (more FW -> softer rear)
Gearbox for sure, you won't shift in the middle of the corner.
I´ve never changed alignment over the whole season, always sliders full left for camber and full right for toe.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years