Car for learning

One of the low powered caterhams (eg super light) is always good value. You can concentrate on getting a good line without worrying about a tiny lack of throttle control having you backwards in the grass.

Formula Vee .. That is pure tool to learn car control ..

MRC is super fun but not that useful for learning .. perhaps to learn track when you don't wanna focus on driving. You can push and balance on the limit almost without effort.. That car just wanna be driven fast

Caterhams are intuitive but have specific behavior so not really best for general purpose.

F3 is good

Last edited:
Formula Vee .. That is pure tool to learn car control ..
Exactly. The question is a good car to learn tracks... MCR would be the best choice for me. You can forget about the car and focus on your line.
F3 would be a next step, it is faster.

The Vee is a very good learning car, but once people are hooked up already; I would not recommend it for a beginner...:p

Exactly. The question is a good car to learn tracks... MCR would be the best choice for me. You can forget about the car and focus on your line.
F3 would be a next step, it is faster.

The Fee is a very good learning car, but once people are hooked up already; I would not recommend it for a beginner...:p
oh . I completely missed that track learning part ... well than what I said about MCR still holds ;) ....

but once people are hooked up already; I would not recommend it for a beginner

I dont fully understand, you wouldn't recommend it to a beginner, but to someone who is already experienced overall, or at certain track?

Could not be more suggestive: Formula Trainee. But I think this category is part of a DLC package, so it would be the F-Vee.

I have all the DLC :cool:

I dont fully understand, you wouldn't recommend it to a beginner, but to someone who is already experienced overall, or at certain track?
The Vee is a great learning car but will teach you a lot about weight transfer! :D You need to lift the accelerator/brake with precision or it can be quite tail happy. So it can also be frustrating if it is the very first car you are trying. Same for the Trainer to some extent btw. We started running the rookies events (online races aimed for beginners) with it but switched to the MCR after a few races; it was too difficult to start an online racing career with the formula.

Your initial question referred to learning tracks: a car that gets out of your way seems more adequate. I think you were quite right picking the MCR. Now if you want to make good progresses, both the Vee and the Trainer will certainly teach you a lot, and make you a better driver!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back