1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Captchas Are Getting Ridicilous

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Omer Said, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Is it me, or more and more captchas are getting impossible to read. At some sites, i can't pass the captcha without 3-4 tries. As i know these are there for stopping automated softwares, AIs. Sometimes i feel like an AI :eek: when struggle against those extremely complicated captchas..

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

+1 Omer

3. +2, I'm rather annoyed with them as well...

4. +3 Far too hard to read some of them.

5. Fairly soon they'll be used to weed out the humans so that only the bots can get through.

6. I've read somewhere that they are going to use captchas instead of OCR software for digitalizing books, magazines,....

7. Yup, it's been around for a while.

Not sure how it works though, if the OCR couldn't figure out what the text said, how do they know if what the user types in is right?

My personal favourites are the Q&A CAPTCHAs, and the image recognition ones :)

8. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

You should take a look to Vodafone España one... NEVER managed to pass, it's impossible :D

9. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Good for new customers lol

10. Try this one for starters:

[​IMG]

11. Our nation's most popular forum, Kaskus.us, has also started using it. And There is a dramatic reduce of daily postcounts...

[​IMG]

12. Are you saying that most of the posts were bots, or that people can't figure out the captchas? And why is the biggest Indonesian forum a .us?

13. By "Malaysian", I think you mean "Indonesian", correct? :tongue:

14. *ninja edit*
    YOU SAW NOTHING!

:sorry:

15. I don't know how they got that domain from the start. Probably they made the site while the developers are still in the US.