Can't use the keyboard ?

Had this happen to me today too. I loaded up AMS for the first time this morning, setup all the controls, options etc, did one lap on track to test and make sure everything was fine. and it was. Load up this afternoon and jump straight onto the track. No steering wheel controls and no keyboard (can't press esc to exit the track). Re-checking the control settings it seems as though my steering wheel is now considered input device 3 instead of input 4 like it was earlier and I have no idea what happened to the keyboard. If I unplug my xbox 1 controller it seems fine, with it plugged in, I have no keyboard.

Last edited:
Ok I did some experimentation. The only things I changed on my system between this morning and this afternoon was installing new graphics drivers (AMD 16.2.1 beta), steam did a couple of beta updates and installing a couple of windows 10 updates. AMS wasn't the only one affected, Assetto wouldn't load the intro video and Euro Truck Sim 2 defaulted to using my xbox one controller as a mouse until I told it to ignore it.

First I tried going back to the public build of steam. Didn't work.

Then I tried uninstalling one of the windows updates (it would only let me do one of the two). This appears to have fixed my problem. Assetto loads normally as does AMS (keyboard works as does the controller profile I created this morning). The affected update for me was - Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3140743)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back