1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Can't run SCE after updating to Nvidia 350.12

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by JoelGL, May 18, 2015.

1. JoelGL

JoelGL
    Premium Member

Has anyone encountered this problem? I get the error 'no directx 9.0c video adapters found nvidia 350.12' when running the game or config. I also have DX9 enabled in config due to the flickering shadows, which @reiza studios recommended a while back. Or if resetting this dx9 setting should address this, how do I reset it? Thanks.

PS. I already run gsc sync. Run dxdiag too and got no errors, and DirectX Features under Display are all enabled.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  2. Gringo

Gringo
    Premium Member

Hi,

I have been using 350.12 for a few weeks now with no issue. I would say this driver is better for me on my 970 than previous versions.

One thing that did trip me up thou... I am using a patcher to enable "lod clamping" to improve jaggy lines and therefor I had left an old driver file (nvd3dum.dll) in my GSCE game folder.

When I upgraded to the new nvidia 350.12 the game would not launch with the "no video adapter" error. Until I realized what I had done to myself :O_o:

3. JoelGL

JoelGL
    Premium Member

EDIT: Thanks @Gringo, appears nv3dum.dll was the culprit. So it no longer works w/ the latest version, perhaps it's no longer needed.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  4. Gringo

Gringo
    Premium Member

Cool good you got sorted.

I am still using the "clamp lod" patcher with the new v350.12 drivers