1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Can't run SCE after updating to Nvidia 350.12

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by JoelGL, May 18, 2015.

1. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +73
    Has anyone encountered this problem? I get the error 'no directx 9.0c video adapters found nvidia 350.12' when running the game or config. I also have DX9 enabled in config due to the flickering shadows, which @reiza studios recommended a while back. Or if resetting this dx9 setting should address this, how do I reset it? Thanks.

PS. I already run gsc sync. Run dxdiag too and got no errors, and DirectX Features under Display are all enabled.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  2. Gringo

Gringo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +408
    Hi,

I have been using 350.12 for a few weeks now with no issue. I would say this driver is better for me on my 970 than previous versions.

One thing that did trip me up thou... I am using a patcher to enable "lod clamping" to improve jaggy lines and therefor I had left an old driver file (nvd3dum.dll) in my GSCE game folder.

When I upgraded to the new nvidia 350.12 the game would not launch with the "no video adapter" error. Until I realized what I had done to myself :O_o:

3. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +73
    EDIT: Thanks @Gringo, appears nv3dum.dll was the culprit. So it no longer works w/ the latest version, perhaps it's no longer needed.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  4. Gringo

Gringo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +408
    Cool good you got sorted.

I am still using the "clamp lod" patcher with the new v350.12 drivers