Can't refuel since the upgrade

GSC2012 worked fine and I love this game!
I just downloaded the update (added the mini coopers) and now no matter what car I drive, what race I choose, what setup I choose, the option to refuel is gone from the LCD menu.
I confirmed this by removing the game entirely, re-installing GSC2012 without the update, and I was then able to refuel without problems. The option shows up in one of the LCD menus.
As soon as I ran the 1.1 update, didn't change anything else, just ran a single race (any car, any race).. and the option to refuel is gone.
I was thinking that maybe this was intentional because maybe those are the real life rules, but I would still like the option. Does anyone know what files I need to tweak in order to be able to refuel?
Jeff

I think I'm starting to understand. I believe that this is done on purpose. The cars can no longer be refueled, probably a rule change. This also means I can't create a season with times greater than the 40 minute regulations or I'll run out of fuel.
I wish there was a way to modify this but the game is awesome so I'll live with it lol.

Hi Jeff,

Yeah this has been a design choice, as none of the series in the game have refuelling as an option.

The cars have enough autonomy to run through their respective race distance, namely:

StockV8: 40 minutes +1 lap
Mini: 25 minutes + 1lap
Formula 3: 35 minutes

If you want to run longer races. A simple work around is to lower the fuel consumtion setting in the engine ini. Its not realistic but it will let you run long races.

eg:

For the MINI's

FuelConsumption=3.31572798108115E-05 (15L = 9 Laps - Santa Cruz do Sul)

FuelConsumption=1.31572798108115E-05 (15L = 23 Laps - Santa Cruz do Sul)

Just make sure you change it back before going online or its going to boot you.

Question is, is this working as intended? I'm not familiar with the Brazilian Stock Car series. Even if those cars aren't allowed to refuel, aren't F3 allowed to? :(

I don't think anybody really cared that the cars could be refueled but i bet some care they can no longer be refueled.I wish Reiza would give us the option to set up the race as we like.I here there is going to be a legal version of Nordschleife relesed.I would fancy a mini endurance race on the nords with full pitstops and strategy that goes with it but now that's not possible.I understand Reiza is sumulating properly there race rules in Brazil on there tracks but there are also add on tracks witch are in other locations around the wourld in witch it would be nice to run a longer race with full pitstops.Still a great sim and i will still race it but i am disaponted with this change:)

Oh yes please don't misunderstand me, I LOVE this game. Graphics, sound, AI, are all aweseome!
I would just like to create a longer "endurance" race lol..
GSC2012 allows refueling, so maybe I can figure something out lol... maybe re-in stall GSC2012.. find any files that might let me do this .. hmm.. someone mentioned the hdv files.. Where do you find these?

I understand totally Reiza's decision to keep it real, and I respect that.

Can someone teach me how to make an hdv file lol?
GSC2012 allows refueling, GSC2012 1.1 does not.
I have both installed.. is there any file I can take from GSC2012 to put over on the new game to allow me to refuel?
I never play online, and I'm not worried about trashing the game I can just re-install since I saved my downloads.
EDIT: Reiza you have outsmarted me lol! I have searched EVERYWHERE between the two installations and I cannot find any differences that would make one game allow refueling and the other game not.
I did a search for hdv files and figured out how to add one with the PITOPTIONS then to allow STOPNGO and refueling..
I started the game and my option to refuel was there!! for a second LOL!!!
Then it dissappeared...
I guess I should stop before I break something :) Oh well I suppose I can play the OLD GSC2012 and have pit stops or the NEW GS2012 (with mini) and not have fuel stops.

I'm thinking of something crazy. Copying all of the files from the old game.. to the .. OH NEVER MIND LOL!
I will just shut up and play! :)

Hi Jeff,

Yeah this has been a design choice, as none of the series in the game have refuelling as an option.

The cars have enough autonomy to run through their respective race distance, namely:

StockV8: 40 minutes +1 lap
Mini: 25 minutes + 1lap
Formula 3: 35 minutes
fine if you like sprints but for anything else it sucks, pity as i had hoped for some fun races with the mini but i am just not into sprints.
Design choice :( but not gamers choice it seems.

Neil you can set the minis to 45-50 minutes, fill up with fuel, and ALL the AI will pit somewhere at the 25-30 minute mark, so you will be able to use strategy. I just finished a race where I won because I stayed out, my tires were in BAD shape, but I barely hung on to win after the AI had all pitted and slowly gained but never caught me.

fine if you like sprints but for anything else it sucks, pity as i had hoped for some fun races with the mini but i am just not into sprints.
Design choice :( but not gamers choice it seems.

But the races in these series are sprints in real life. I understand the wish for the option to run longer as a gameplay future, we´re looking into that, but the priority naturally is to have it working right with the actual series´ rules.

Yes we understand, funny how people can be lol.. myself included.. we DEMAND realism, then we get it, then we whine... lol..
Just kidding, it's a great game, maybe it's time to contact the Brazilian racing league and ask them to change the rules! :)

Great work no matter what we all may say about the fuel!

Those Mini's are KICK A$$!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 109 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 205 15.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing