F1 2010 Can't play online - race loads to garage then message saying not enough players....

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey guys,

Got a really weird problem, that suddenly started out of the blue. I think it might be linked to my steam or live account, but basically when I go to race online, I can get to the garage screen and it says "waiting for players" but then a message comes up saying "player x has left the session" and then that there are not enough players to carry on the sessions and exits back out to the lobby...

Can anyone shed some light on this, i've re-installed the game to no avail...doesnt seem to make a difference how many players are on the game either, joined one with 10 players and got same message...

This is the anti-cheat system in action. I had the same problem and it was because i had removed Catchup.xml, when i put it back the problem went away.

If you modified anything to do with the track or AI then this will occur.

I'm not sure this is the anti cheat thing. I have gotten this on and off from when I first installed it. Before I installed any mods. And the only mods I have installed are car skins. The other night I got it again, then later that evening I was able to race online again. I've heard the same thing from friends online so it might be som messed up code.

ok, had a look at the ant cheat file, and this is what it contained

BXML anti_cheat A  params enabled true resetDelay 0.000000 aiDriveTime 1.000000        

Looks like its been changed to me - could someone check what their file contains? Maybe I could try pasting back in the standard text and see what happens....the thing is i'm not sure i made a backup of my modded files, so would like to try this before reinstalling.

Doesnt make sense for "cheating" in one player mode to affect online play, but mods that can actually help u cheat online dont seem to cause the anti cheat to kick in (altho im glad in a way, as the ability to cheat is also giving us the ability to tweak evverything for realism....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.3%