1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Can't play game, need help

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by mkel1966, Feb 11, 2015.

1. hi everyone,, i just bought and downloaded the game from steam and just like FTruck 2013 I got a config tool error message. With Ftruck I just click continue then I could play the game but with GSCE no matter what I do it won't even open. I need your help guys.
    thanks in advance

mobo: ASUS maximus VII Hero
    chip: i7 4790k
    gpu: msi gtx 970

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium Member

What error do you get? Try running GSC Config from the folder by right clicking run as admin

3. I ran gsc config as admin and this pops up... GSCE error message.JPG
    I clicked "continue then...
    GSCE error02.JPG
    then ran "gsc.exe....
    GSCE error03.JPG
    Tried every resolution, still won't even open. I had the same issue with Ftruck 2013 but after clicking "continue" I'm able to play the game with no problems. This time there's nothing. I'm new to pc gaming so pleaase bear with me.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

What anti virus are you running?

5. Webroot...

6. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

Try disabling it and see if it works then... If it does then we know that is the problem and we can get things submitted to them

7. This is what happened.....
    I'm using hdmi thru tv screen. I have 2nd monitor via vga cable.
    1. I disabled webroot,,,there's audio but no video on tv screen. I don't know what I did but video comes out of 2nd monitor.
    2. I then unplugged hdmi and use vga cable to my tv, now GSCE opens up.
    3. I turned on webroot and GSCE still opens and run.
    I think it's the hdmi connection being not compatible with the game on my tv, don't know if there's a workaround to this. My next issue now is there's "NO SOUND" at all when using vga connection. I'm looking for some rca cable and try if audio comes on with this. Will report back.

8. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

To change the monitor select the second option in the graphics card option in GSC Config. So it should appear on the TV then with HDMI

9. Just got home from work, fired up pc, display was messed up between tv screen and and 2nd monitor did more tinkering and finally back to how it was before. Everytime I open GSC config the error message(pic above) pops up so I couldn't go to the graphics card option....BUT.....somehow, again, don't know what I did but now I have sounds from the game.
    Summary:
    WEBROOT = enabled = gscextreme won't open:(
    WEBROOT = disabled = gscextreme runs very good:):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I guess, for now, everytime I play gsce I have to turn off webroot till you can get things submitted to them.
    I never had such great support. Thank you very much A. Sawczuk and the Rieza team.