1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Can't Launch Installer

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Gui Cramer, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Hi,

I bought the DVD version of the game this past week in Brazil, at a mall in Rio de Janeiro (at Livraria Saraiva to be specific) while visiting family. Since I live in the US, I only opened the box and tried installing it when I returned, yesterday. Unfortunately, I just can't seem to get the installer to go. The DVD takes ages to load the .exe option and once it does, and I click on it, it kills Windows Explorer. I tried both the DVD's install and the downloadable version from the actual website. How can I install the game? Below are my specs:

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
    Intel Core i5-2310 Sandy Bridge 2.9GHz
    Samsung DVD SH-222AL/BSBS
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 7200 RPM SATA
    MSI H61M-E23 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    8GB RAM DDR3
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Thanks in advance!

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium Member

The standard tricks were as I remember, to make sure you run as an admin, try copying the dvd files to your PC and run. Disable Microsoft Security Essentials. And possibly a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head.

3. Well I have e-mailed support in both Portuguese and English, yesterday, and I really hope they help me solve this. It isn't fun to have money go to waste.

4. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Try the Alex's solutions first.;)

5. Niels_at_home

Niels_at_home
    Reiza Studios

How many gigabytes do you have available at the C drive? A lot of temporary files may be written there during installation, probably always good to have 5GB free.

6. Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I ended up booting the PC on Safe Mode and installing from there. The Brazilian girl from customer support did say there were plenty of issues with the installer, I am glad you guys are using a different one in the future!