Can't Launch Installer

• Thread starter Deleted member 130869
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 130869

• Deleted member 130869

Hi,

I bought the DVD version of the game this past week in Brazil, at a mall in Rio de Janeiro (at Livraria Saraiva to be specific) while visiting family. Since I live in the US, I only opened the box and tried installing it when I returned, yesterday. Unfortunately, I just can't seem to get the installer to go. The DVD takes ages to load the .exe option and once it does, and I click on it, it kills Windows Explorer. I tried both the DVD's install and the downloadable version from the actual website. How can I install the game? Below are my specs:

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
Intel Core i5-2310 Sandy Bridge 2.9GHz
Samsung DVD SH-222AL/BSBS
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 7200 RPM SATA
MSI H61M-E23 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
8GB RAM DDR3
GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Thanks in advance!

The standard tricks were as I remember, to make sure you run as an admin, try copying the dvd files to your PC and run. Disable Microsoft Security Essentials. And possibly a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head.

• Deleted member 130869

Well I have e-mailed support in both Portuguese and English, yesterday, and I really hope they help me solve this. It isn't fun to have money go to waste.

• Deleted member 130869

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I ended up booting the PC on Safe Mode and installing from there. The Brazilian girl from customer support did say there were plenty of issues with the installer, I am glad you guys are using a different one in the future!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back