Can't host? Please help.

Ok I have had this game since before injection came out. So I have a majority of the add on's and some people I know just started playing the game. They picked up Race Injection as well. So it went on and on, I could start a room up and I have the port opened but nobody could get into the races I was trying to set up. We have the same cars and tracks so that is not the problem.

Tonight we tried something, I opened a room up with a car and track that came with just Race 07. It worked, everybody was able to get in and play.

The problem is if it's a track or car that I have from a add on pack that they have with Injection they can't get into my room. So it seems like the game is seeing the car and track from my pack and saying the other people's car and track are from Injection so then it does not work.

Am I right in assuming that it's not working because they got the cars and track from Injection and I got them from whatever original pack they came from is causing the problem? Is there a way around this so I can host a race for my friends and actually race with them with cars outside the original Race 07?

Guess ya hosting from in the game?

Try using the dedicated stand alone server and setting the car and track list only to cars and tracks everyone has.

Ps if ya using steam the dedicated server can be found in ya library under tools. If not should be able to download the stand alone with a quick google search.

Seems you have an steam issue there. Try to reinstall steam, so all files are replaced again.

Best way to host a game is via the dedicated server. It can run on the same machine you are playing yourself. If you for some reason need to restart the game, or you want to quit sooner then the others, the dedicated server can keep running so they still can have a race ;)

Now that I have it all working and I figured out how to host a dedicated server.

Is it possible to start a room today and have it be set up for practice for a few days and then on Sunday have the race start at a specific time?

I did set up a room thinking I did it right but it seems like the time does not count down until someone enters the lobby. Resetting every time I leave and go back in. Am I doing something wrong or is there no way to have practice open until the exact time I want the race to start a few days from now?

Thanks for all the help so far. I appreciate it.

You are correct there.

The time does not start ticking unless there is someone online. When all drop out, the server resets itself back to first session, and time starts over again.
You can not set the server in a way that it auto starts the race on sunday f.i. You have to do that manually.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back