Can't get the demo to work

I actually installed the DTM demo yesterday, failed to get a working steering profile, uninstalled the game and re-installed it. On a computer where everything else works like a charm. I have no idea what I could do make it work. Anyhow, thank you!

Hmm, do a file check or even reinstall the game? Sounds weird that you can't create new steering profiles, should work fine.
Of course you can create a new profile from the default no-name wheel template, it's all in my video.

First delete these 2 files:
C:\Users\Mid-Age Men\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\device_statistics

C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet\your wheel

Start R3E and do the same as I do in the video.

Yeah and I can, I might have misunderstood Andre but I thought he was not able to make new profiles? That and the fact that his wheel is incorrectly detected as a different wheel.
Maybe you should try to downgrade the firmware? I have no idea if it'll help but just trying to give you options to test.

Peter, as I wrote in entry #169, I can not (!) create a new profile because both DTM and RRRE doesn't display this very dialog that one can see right at the start of the youtube clip. And because I do not (!) get this very dialog I can't do the same as you do in the video.

Oh well, I contacted the Simbin support guys. I have the impression that it's all because the Simbin programs think I have the "elite" version of the wheel, while I have the normal wheel (which is still as expensive as the G27 ..). Maybe there's another way to connect the pedals to the wheel in the "elite" version. And maybe that's why both titles fail to recognize it.

That only proofs that you didn't do the same.

Go here
C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet\Fanatec

And delete the Fanatec controlsets, this way the game can't load a new Fanatic controlset for you and you can create your own.

Hi Andre,

We'll investigate the issue regarding the game picking up CSR wheel as Elite.

In the menatime, If you want to have that dialogue box to appear so you can create a new profile from scratch, instead of customizing the default one you get (even though it's elite), please do the following.

- Go to the Controlset folder in your R3E Installation in Steam. E.g.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet\

- Delete Fanatec CSR Elite Racing Wheel.rcs
- Launch the game.

But why won't you just let the game select Elite wheel as default profile and then customize it? As soon as you try to edit that profile in control settings, it will create a duplicate custom profile for you to play around with.

Regarding the pedals not being recognized. Once you do the above, relaunch the game and should pick up the additional controllers such as pedals.

This flow has been improved and the improvements will be included with a patch soon but in the meantime, I hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back