Can't get launcher to work ???

Hi guys,

OK, I'm gonna take the plunge and get rFactor2 beta (I never do betas, lol).

Figured out how to do the torent thing and got all the listed files.

After installing the launcher, it runs but the purchase tab never moves on from "Starting secure connection with commerce servers" ??? I even made a rule in Norton's firewall to allow pgm thru!

Anyone else have this issue or is THEIR payment server down atm ???

thx. KP (aka Thew Turtle)

Give it time. The commerce servers are not down, they are merely incredibly busy with all the people trying to access them. The result is that they are running pretty slowly at the moment.

If it says "Starting secure connection..." then it's fine... it is trying to connect. This may take minutes as opposed to seconds. If successful you'll get the option to purchase. If unsuccessful it will say "Failed to connect...", at which point you should restart the launcher and try again.

Ok, did some research on this cause after 3.5 hours of waiting..... it still would not connect to the payment server.

The rFactor2 forum had a post about this and it appeared that Win7 and a wireless connection seemed to be the common thread.

My on-Mboard NIC was broken so off to the store I go. After installing a new hard-wired NIC........ BINGO, got connected right away !!!!

Hopes this helps someone avoid the grief I went thru !!!

KP (aka The Turtle)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years