1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't find folder for my setups

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Kevin Cox, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Hi,

I have been trying to get setups online for rFactor.

It says to put setup files into the folder "C:\Program Files(x86)\rFactor\UserData\Your player name\Settings".

I am running windows 7 64bit and have the latest version of rFactor installed.

I browse to my rFactor UserData folder but can't find my player folder. See screenshot.

Any help?

screen.jpg

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Did you create a user inside the game? Seems your entire player folder is missing.

3. Indeed also dont see a PLR file.

4. Yes I did create a user.

I can play the game no problems and save and load setups from within the game, but I can't download setups and put them in my folder as it is not there. Very strange.

:(

5. You dont have a secret rFactor folder anywhere in Documents? :)
    I have seen that before with somebody else.

6. I don't think so. I done default installation.

Also I made a setup called "tits" and searched my hard drive for a file called "tits.svm" and it found nothing!

I think I might have to uninstall rFactor and do a fresh installation.

7. I think it may be in Application Data for W7, which is usually hidden, hence why the search would reveal nothing.

I always recommend to install rF elsewhere on W7, somehwere that isn't strictly controlled by Windows.

8. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Its probably in Documents. Thats where most of my Gaming files end up if they are not in Program files. I got W7 64bit Ultimate.

9. You MUST start rfactor with admin rights (right mouse click, on rfactor.exe, execute as administrator or so, using german win7, don´t know the exact english line)
    Then you´ll find the setups in your \userdata\your name\settings\choosed track\ folder.

10. Thanks Quo-Fan, that solved the problem. :D

11. No problem, you´re welcome!

12. Another fix is changing the permissons of the UserData folder, make sure the user you'r logged in with has write permissions for the UserData folder.

I've had the same problem, and after changing the permissions on the UserData folder the new profiles were created inside UserData.

13. I have the same problem how we can recover setup(setting) of cars for take it and put it in new rfactor folder settings?