Can't export issue in the application"

Hi everyone. I'm tryng to export a track but I get this mistake. How can I solve it?

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 105
Unfortunately the error message does not give us any information we can use. It some cases it will be a temporary glitch that will be fixed by restarting the program. If you've been doing plenty of exporting the error could be related to the most recent things you were doing to the venue.

On other occasions something will be stored in the project itself. In the latter case the first thing you should try is to look in BTB's folder for a set of files with random filenames (I think it's BobsTrackBuilder\Temporary Files). Choose one of the most recently modified files and rename a copy to 'venue.bin', and place that in your project folder (remember to keep your original venue file in case the error turns out to be something else).

A much safer way to handle your projects is to make regular backups of the entire project, but many people come to that conlcusion after a harsh lesson rather than before.

Last edited:
No, don't accept. This is very malicious. The author only accepts money, no discussion, no help, no support. All forums are disabled, "access denied" makes you feel like rags. Only the link to buy is active.
First he disabled export to GTR2 and Evo, now I cannot even export to rFactor.
Impossible to import a GMT model. Instead we have totally crazy Xpacks, with xtremely complicated file structure.

I have built a track, based on the GPS data. It was too bumpy. So I flattened all points altitude to 96 m.
I deleted the previous AIW and terrain, and created new ones.
I moved the objects manually onto the track.
Trying to export - I get such a message:

**** export tp rf.png

It looks like a message to himself, the author himself, that there is a bug in the program, because I don't understand anything.

The track looks good, but now only textures are exported, no objects, no .trk, no AIW.
I am helpless.

trax.jpg

I'm trying to guess what I could do wrong.
There could be objects below the ground, that cannot be exported, because the program cannot determine their x,y,z positions
Can I delete all objects? (They can be hidden, invisible)
I would like to export only the road, terrain and AIW, but it fails exactly with this.
I don't need any objects.

I can export this track to other games (there are Racer and Richard Burns), but none of them generates an AIW file.
I can export other tracks to rFactor, only this one fails.
:cry:
:mad:
Impo

Last edited:
@abrimaal

Your error message says there is some thing wrong with your destination.
What happens if you change the destination to some where else, preferably some where without a special character or underscore in it's file path

This is crazy! For one character changed somewhere, I lost a whole year of mapping the terrain to a track, adjusting the roads, width and height, taking a thousands of photos and videos, building 3d objects, arranging, scaling for whole nights... for one character?

May it be a space or an unacceptable character in texture name? For example?
Or only in the project / track name?

I cannot save even the objects, or the AIW itself, the cameras

Can I copy them to the last working version ?

Can I copy the files (in Bobs Track Builder folders) from the newest version, to the last working version?
I think the most important is venue.bin, but I am afraid to do this.
Has anyone tried? I don't want to lose other projects or make this unstable editor stop working at all.

It was just the beginning of the project.

abri_track.jpg

Last edited:
That error message is a generic one for an 'array', which is just an internal data structure. It could refer to any aspect of the venue.
I suggest making a backup of your current venue, then try deleting everything, even the tracks, and make a fresh track with AIW and see if you can export it (also make a backup of your export folder too). If that works you will know it's something in the venue that's the culprit, and you can try a process of elimination to find it.

Last edited:
The problem was in Xpacks.
I made backups of the last working track and the newest version.
I deleted venue.bin from the last working, replaced with the newest file in the same folder - it exported the whole track.
I replaced Xpacks from the newest version - failed.
Restored Xpacks - exported
Saved all as a new version. I am so happy that I can continue :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.