• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

can't export: error in the application

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Erwin Greven, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium

Ratings:
    +254
    I am busy with a new track but it won't export. I don't know why.

Could it be because of overlapping corridors?

Edit: track is for rFactor.

2. Gerda 3

Gerda 3

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you want to export it for rfactor, or what? Give it an error message or so ?
    I don´t belive that the corridors are the reason.

3. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium

Ratings:
    +254
    this is the error message:

can't export: error in the application

4. Gerda 3

Gerda 3

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this error even. It was the memory (RAM) respectively i think it was a program which i used before so i had than the pc always startet new before i used BTB.
    And try to delete some Xpacks which you don´t use. Or you look for a temporary file of a few days ago where the export was okay.

5. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium

Ratings:
    +254
    I use the default pack only. Also it is the first export. Only a few *.dds files get exported.

6. Gerda 3

Gerda 3

Ratings:
    +0
  7. cafeaulait

cafeaulait

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this problem many times, so I've figured out, what causes it: if your track is longer than 15-16km, and you've set "panel length" to about 2 meters - you'll get this error! if you set "panel length" to, say, 5 meters - you can export tracks up to about 30km long.

It's not a RAM problem, cause, when I get this problem, my PC's memory is used only 50-60%. So kinda' bug in BTB I guess...

8. Gerda 3

Gerda 3

Ratings:
    +0
    the "panel length" is on my track (3 km) in different surfaces 2 meters, so i think it´s only when you have a long track....i had this problem at the start using the surface - tool, but now it works great....

9. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium

Ratings:
    +254
    My track is 64 km.... I wanted to try to build a track wich comprises the A7 freeway over the Afsluitdijk in the Netherlands....

10. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium

Ratings:
    +254
    I managed to export it into rFactor.. i made the panels 10m. If you want to know how fast it is... 384km/h or 238mph on the straights with a Porsche 917L...

11. Gerda 3

Gerda 3

Ratings:
    +0
    Today i want to export my latest btb project.... i get the same error, but i exported this project in the same version two weeks ago, so what dou you think now!?

12. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium

Ratings:
    +254
    sadly i don't know. Maybe reinstalling rFactor could help.

13. Gerda 3

Gerda 3

Ratings:
    +0
    why do you think that rfactor causes the problem that BTB don´t export my track now!?

14. Supra4

Supra4

Ratings:
    +0
    It's not rfactor that's causing the problem. I have the same problem getting a 90km straight into GTR2.
    Tried all panel lengths, but to no avail.